MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E.M.P.O.W.E.R. presents: Son of A Lion Movie Screening (FREE PIZZA & MOVIE NIGHT) hamnahx02 MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-28-2011 10:55 PM
Theatres adrianj03 Movies & Television 4 09-12-2010 10:10 AM
movie theatres near mac? kanishka General Discussion 25 07-08-2009 11:15 AM
movie theatres in hamilton... movie club? macculkin General Discussion 7 06-27-2009 09:23 PM
Looking for theatres and films text book The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama Matt Hills Academics 4 01-08-2009 07:17 PM

What are things that annoy you at movie theatres?

Old 10-19-2012 at 04:04 PM   #1
youdontknow

Liked: 7 Times

What are things that annoy you at movie theatres?
I can name 7 of them:

People who leave gum on the seats or on the floor
When people talk so loudly that I miss a key point in the story
People who clap at the end and/or during the movies
Endless ads for movies that I couldn't care less about that make me so sleepy that I can't even enjoy the beginning of the movie when it starts
People near me not covering their mouths when they cough
People eating their snacks loudly and indiscreetly
When I have to sit so near the speakers that it hurts my ears

This is why I prefer streaming, DVDs/Bluray or even low quality VHS.
Old 10-19-2012 at 04:15 PM   #2
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

My only major complaint about movie theatres is children, especially when people bring their young children to movies that are not age appropriate for them.

I went to see avengers in IMAX 3D, and these parents brought their two kids who were maybe 4-5 at the oldest. had to sit there and endure "MOMMY I'M SCARED" and other such stupid comments. It was SO frustrating.

lt93, XNtrikster like this.
Old 10-19-2012 at 04:32 PM   #3
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
My only major complaint about movie theatres is children, especially when people bring their young children to movies that are not age appropriate for them.

I went to see avengers in IMAX 3D, and these parents brought their two kids who were maybe 4-5 at the oldest. had to sit there and endure "MOMMY I'M SCARED" and other such stupid comments. It was SO frustrating.
I agree with this, but even for movies that are just out of their range and they keep asking like "why did that guy die" or "why don't the other's like him" or a plethora of other questions

Also, my one friend keeps trying to make little jokes about what happened, but since I can't hear him it keeps distracting me (and I assume the people around us too). After I asked him to stop, so at least he rarely does it now
Old 10-19-2012 at 04:36 PM   #4
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

There's always that one guy with the really loud annoying laugh....
Old 10-19-2012 at 04:58 PM   #5
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetyTweety View Post
There's always that one guy with the really loud annoying laugh....
Loud drunken college bros... wait a second...
Old 10-19-2012 at 05:26 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Babies crying and people's big heads

Seriously, why the hell would you bring your kid to a horror/mature movie... derp

alyssarr, XNtrikster like this.
Old 10-19-2012 at 06:11 PM   #7
redstarr37

Liked: 9 Times

It sounds like these are the kinds of theatres you guys are going to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntfProwNYkE
Old 10-19-2012 at 06:53 PM   #8
PhilM

Liked: 148 Times

-The sticky floors
-The trailer/commercial ratio (need more trailers, less commercials)
-The dirty seats
-The concessions

Also, I hate that new promo where all those people are saying a quote from a movie: "The whole theater went silent. And then Darth Vader declared. You had me at hello."

Swampis, Zebedee like this.
Old 10-20-2012 at 01:34 PM   #9
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Fake IMAX screens and still being charged extra for it. Don't think I've seen a real IMAX screen ever in my life...

Grover says thanks to PockyWarrior for this post.
Old 10-20-2012 at 02:14 PM   #10
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times

I get annoyed when I am in a movie theatre with people who are sick. If you have a cough and cold, please stay home. The rest of us do not want it.

I also despise people who text in movies. It doesn't even make sense. Why spend all that money to watch a movie in theatres, when it can eventually be rented for much less if you are simply going to text through it.
Old 10-20-2012 at 02:49 PM   #11
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyWarrior View Post
Fake IMAX screens and still being charged extra for it. Don't think I've seen a real IMAX screen ever in my life...
This. A million fucking times this. The IMAX screen as Colosseum Mississauga is small as fuck...just barely larger than a regular screen. And the regular screens are so incredibly small already.

The only reason why they label it as IMAX is because they are using an IMAX projector, but they market it as if it's a super large, high-def screen. Which is why pretty much everyone think that IMAX=larger, clearer screen in addition to the technology behind the filming. But on such a small, low quality screen, it's a pure waste of money. Shouldn't there be a regulations on size to prevent these idiots from ripping you off?
Old 10-20-2012
goodkat
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-20-2012 at 06:39 PM   #12
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkat View Post
PARTY NOW!!!!!...study later

Halloween PARTAYY this Saturday 27th of October. GONNA BE OFF THE CHAIN!!!

http://www.facebook.com/events/273047546131609/?fref=ts
Will you be paying for the course when I have to retake it since I heeded your advice? Would you also be able to explain to my future employers why I failed a course?

Oh, I kid, I won't be heeding your advice, so I'll just study now for all of the midterms I have coming up in a week or two and work on my assignment.

You can feel free to party now, because as they say #YOLO. Am I doing it right? :3

[I'm just kidding people, but no, I won't be going. Be silly if one fails a course if they attend a party.]
Old 10-20-2012 at 09:00 PM   #13
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

This would probably annoy me.
Old 10-22-2012 at 07:08 PM   #14
cjanicki2

Liked: 0 Times

i hate when the employees come in to check on the theatre halfway through the movie, it's so distracting