MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E.M.P.O.W.E.R. presents: Son of A Lion Movie Screening (FREE PIZZA & MOVIE NIGHT) hamnahx02 MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-28-2011 10:55 PM
Theatres adrianj03 Movies & Television 4 09-12-2010 10:10 AM
movie theatres near mac? kanishka General Discussion 25 07-08-2009 11:15 AM
movie theatres in hamilton... movie club? macculkin General Discussion 7 06-27-2009 09:23 PM
Looking for theatres and films text book The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama Matt Hills Academics 4 01-08-2009 07:17 PM

What are things that annoy you at movie theatres?

Old 10-22-2012 at 09:00 PM   #16
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times

people texting during a movie. Why go to the movie? stay home if you want to text
Old 10-22-2012 at 10:48 PM   #17
person33

Liked: 53 Times

people sobbing in front of me in sad movies- im ok if you want to cry, but sobbing so loud that everyone can hear you is not cool
Old 10-22-2012 at 11:00 PM   #18
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

1. Teenaged girls screaming when there's a hot guy on the screen.
2. People providing a full-volume commentary during the film.
3. People laughing and/or screaming excessively.
4. People eating too loudly.
5. People using their phones during the movie.
6. People who think they can whisper quietly, but can't.
7. Crying and/or screaming children.
8. People that sit on the ends of rows, leaving empty seats in the middle, when the movie is busy.
9. People going and coming. They always distract me.
10. Large groups of teenagers. They're hooligans.
11. Dirty seats and floors.
12. Expensive drinks.

xxorianna likes this.
Old 10-22-2012 at 11:32 PM   #19
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

overpriced food
Old 10-23-2012 at 10:52 AM   #20
Chopinetude

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by person33 View Post
people sobbing in front of me in sad movies- im ok if you want to cry, but sobbing so loud that everyone can hear you is not cool

you do know that once you start crying it's hard to control the tears right?

Old 10-23-2012 at 11:17 AM   #21
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopinetude View Post
you do know that once you start crying it's hard to control the tears right?
Speaking as someone who has this problem (once I start crying I have a lot of trouble stopping), the considerate thing to do is leave. There's no need to distract everybody else, that's just plain rude.
Old 10-23-2012 at 05:39 PM   #22
Chopinetude

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Speaking as someone who has this problem (once I start crying I have a lot of trouble stopping), the considerate thing to do is leave. There's no need to distract everybody else, that's just plain rude.
I disagree with you, crying while watching a movie just means it has touched you deeply, what's so rude about that?

Old 10-23-2012 at 06:05 PM   #23
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
I disagree with you, crying while watching a movie just means it has touched you deeply, what's so rude about that?
The person said "but sobbing so loud that everyone can hear you is not cool".
The issue isn't crying, it's crying so loud that you're distracting people. If people can hear you crying, you should step outside out of consideration for others trying to watch the movie.

Yogurt likes this.
Old 10-23-2012 at 08:29 PM   #24
Chopinetude

Yes I do see your point, but still, it's just so ironic and sad that when you're in this emotional state and crying and yet you still have to be considerate of the people around you and watch out for your manners.

Old 10-23-2012 at 09:09 PM   #25
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Yes I do see your point, but still, it's just so ironic and sad that when you're in this emotional state and crying and yet you still have to be considerate of the people around you and watch out for your manners.
Meh, I don't think so. It's a movie theatre, not a funeral
Old 10-24-2012 at 08:25 PM   #26
XNtrikster

Liked: 6 Times

- overpriced food/drink: most of it's literally the exact same crap you can get anywhere else, but for cheaper. Which is why you be sure to bring with you a large purse or murse so that you can smuggle anything from a few pieces of candy to a 3-course meal in there
- children/babies: children wouldn't be so bad if they went to movies they could handle watching or if they were well-mannered enough to be in a movie theater quietly watching a movie in the first place. But too many times neither are the case. and infants... seriously, no.
- verbal diarrhea: I'd rather they text. It's still rude, but it's less distracting than nonstop talking and it's a more contained problem as far as wasted money is concerned
- people coming and going nonstop
- strangers who come to sit beside me when there are a shit ton of available seats everywhere else. I'm no dude, but I'm pretty sure the unspoken urinal rule would apply very nicely here
- fights: nobody wants or cares to hear people yell about why their friend is now a(n) [insert cuss-word insult here]. Nor do they want to be disturbed by them throwing their overpriced food and beverages at each other, let alone be the poor soul who ends up in the crossfire
... just about everything else has been covered in the above replies

Last edited by XNtrikster : 10-24-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2012 at 08:49 PM   #27
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNtrikster View Post
- people with verbal diarrhea. self-explanatory. I'd rather they text. I know that's still rude, but it's less distracting than nonstop talking and it's a more contained problem as far as wasted money is concerned
If you have ever sat behind someone that texts, I would far much rather talking. Someone ahead of me was texting and even with the screen at low-mid brightness, the lcd screen catches your eye and makes it really hard to see the screen.

I just asked him to stop and it was all good, but annoying while it was happening.

Edit: I mean texting at eye level, if someone wants to look at their crotch and text then I agree with you
Old 10-24-2012 at 08:58 PM   #28
XNtrikster

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
If you have ever sat behind someone that texts, I would far much rather talking. Someone ahead of me was texting and even with the screen at low-mid brightness, the lcd screen catches your eye and makes it really hard to see the screen.

I just asked him to stop and it was all good, but annoying while it was happening.

Edit: I mean texting at eye level, if someone wants to look at their crotch and text then I agree with you
That's true. I probably only see it that way because I've only ever sat behind crotch-texters
Old 10-28-2012 at 07:04 AM   #29
THRILLHOU

Liked: 1 Time

1. When there's about 200 other empty seats and some mouthbreather who grunts and snorts and does an annoyed sigh every 5 seconds decides to sit right behind me. I have hearing problems and when there's even the smallest bit of noise going on behind me it can distract me and make it hard to hear what's going on.
2. People who bring kids to age-inappropriate movies. Fuck, kids at movies in general. Kids are annoying in a regular context but when they're jumping on the seats and throwing food around it's too much. I paid $12 to hear the movie not your stupid obnoxious whiny kid. Seriously this happened when I went to see The Artist. Who the fuck brings a kid to see a movie like that?!

Now I just wait for a movie to be available for rent if I like it enough and watch it at home, where I deal with significantly less idiots.
Old 10-28-2012 at 08:58 AM   #30
Hejie023

Liked: 1 Time

People, damn they are annoying.