MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things to be Thankful For ezlx310 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 10-08-2012 02:52 PM
50 things apples12 General Discussion 13 12-03-2011 05:25 PM
Things that make you cry dsalvatore General Discussion 30 09-06-2011 11:11 PM
New things... drpatel First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 08-17-2011 03:21 PM
Things I'll be doing this summer: Rakim General Discussion 4 03-29-2011 10:53 AM

Things u never see in Dubai

Old 07-16-2013 at 12:53 PM   #1
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Things u never see in Dubai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...MazzF M#at=19
Indian delivery man is confronted by Emirati for an accident.

The Indian man cannot react due to his beliefs in the teachings of Ghandi, but mainly because hitting a local leads to instant deportation and no re-entry into the UAE.

Last edited by jon.john23 : 07-16-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-16-2013 at 01:28 PM   #2
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 201 Times

Quote:
The Indian man cannot react due to his beliefs in the teachings of Ghandi, but mainly because hitting a local leads to instant deportation and no re-entry into the UAE.
Yes. It has always been like that. Although their modern economy requires foreign investments from first world countries and cheap labor from 3rd world countries, this law ensured that foreigners will not be able to come into the country and do whatever, facing only minor charges if any. That's why there are fenced areas where westerners are allowed to wear bikinis and drink alcohol, and that's one screw up will send you packing.

USA has no such laws, with all the Mexican labor coming over the fence (quite literally), and that's why over 50% of American children under 5 are Latinos.
Old 07-16-2013 at 04:24 PM   #3
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
USA has no such laws, with all the Mexican labor coming over the fence (quite literally), and that's why over 50% of American children under 5 are Latinos.
do you have a source for that? that sounds a little exaggerated

Old 07-16-2013 at 08:23 PM   #4
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Glad to see people stepped in.

By the way, is Dubai a good place for Canadians to go on vacation?
Old 07-16-2013 at 08:39 PM   #5
hungdaddy

Liked: 22 Times

things you'll never see in dubai... hmmmm... how about a civilized human being? xD
Old 07-16-2013 at 08:42 PM   #6
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Quote:
do you have a source for that? that sounds a little exaggerated
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...der-fives.html

^There's something similar.

Well, technically I did use hyperbole to some extent. However, considering the fact that US is about to legalize illegal immigration from southern countries, which basically means open borders with Mexico, it's not too far off, and could become truth in the next 10 years.

Now I want to point out that I am not being racist or anything, and I only use the statistics based on ethnicity as a tool to point out how badly US failed to secure and expand its own human resources in the past 50 years. I just use it as a comparison to a country like UAE, that tries to secure it's cultural heritage.
Old 07-16-2013 at 10:08 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Woah. He hit him with part of his hat. We gots a badass Emirati up in here.
Old 07-17-2013 at 12:15 PM   #8
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
Dubai is a tourist city that anyone can go to and have a good time. You should keep in mind that Dubai is really hot during the summer, but that won't matter much since most of the places have ACs lol.

Also keep in mind that Dubai is expensive but i am sure you can do with a limited budget if you manage your money well.
Check out these links: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction..._of_Dubai.html
http://www.dubaitourism.ae/

alyssarr likes this.
Old 07-17-2013 at 02:56 PM   #9
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
Dubai is a tourist city that anyone can go to and have a good time. You should keep in mind that Dubai is really hot during the summer, but that won't matter much since most of the places have ACs lol.

Also keep in mind that Dubai is expensive but i am sure you can do with a limited budget if you manage your money well.
Check out these links: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction..._of_Dubai.html
http://www.dubaitourism.ae/
Thanks for the info. I see that its cheaper to stay at a hotel next door in Sharjah than in Dubai. Is that a good idea, or is it a pain to travel from Sharjah to Dubai due to traffic and the border?

Last edited by Allan : 07-17-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-17-2013 at 06:22 PM   #10
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I see that its cheaper to stay at a hotel next door in Sharjah than in Dubai. Is that a good idea, or is it a pain to travel from Sharjah to Dubai due to traffic and the border?
Yep Sharjah is cheaper than Dubai. To be honest i am not really sure since i never lived there, i just know some info cuz I've been to few neighboring countries in the middle east so i just have general info

I strongly recommend you to join this forum: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/dub...-living-dubai/
I am sure you'll get great responses there. All the best!
Old 07-18-2013 at 05:48 AM   #11
minamaqdassy

Liked: 0 Times

Incidents like this are rare in Dubai. There are good and bad people in every culture, regardless of their skin colour, gender, religion, or sexuality. Many people who come from there are actually more open minded and educated than the media portrays them to be. Its wrong to judge an entire country, nation, or race, based on the actions of one person...

Quote:
Glad to see people stepped in.

Its a great place for anyone to go on vacation

DMe3 says thanks to minamaqdassy for this post.
Old 07-18-2013 at 10:48 AM   #12
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

From my experience going to Dubai. And my parents many business trips there. They've been hostel towards us. The hotels and all the people that provide services are top notch but pedestrians on the street, malls etc were pretty hostel.
Old 07-18-2013 at 06:02 PM   #13
nmerwin

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by airvcarmelo View Post
From my experience going to Dubai. And my parents many business trips there. They've been hostel towards us. The hotels and all the people that provide services are top notch but pedestrians on the street, malls etc were pretty hostel.
Seriously? I find that customer service there is a little shoddy, but that's not really the same as hostility towards Canadians, they do that to everyone! But in all honesty, you have nothing to worry about if you travel to Dubai, although I wouldn't suggest staying in Sharjah, its kind of a hassle getting to Dubai due to the traffic from there. If you travel in the off-season (summer) I'm sure you can find tons of hotels in Dubai for a good price, but you'll have to deal with the heat.
Old 07-18-2013 at 08:12 PM   #14
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by minamaqdassy View Post
Its a great place for anyone to go on vacation
Tell that to Marte Deborah Dalelv.

Link for more information.
Old 07-18-2013 at 08:30 PM  
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.