MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[urgent] "account is full (quota exceeded)" email problem WekSos Academics 3 07-06-2010 11:33 AM
When is Deferred Exam Grade Release? islytt Academics 1 06-24-2010 07:09 PM
A "list of things to do before you graduate" noghi General Discussion 4 03-06-2010 07:44 PM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

Things you used to do as a kid but "you're too cool to do now"

Old 09-28-2010 at 04:29 PM   #91
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
You did a project on neopets o.O Like did you write about the battle arena, the secret fairy items, codestones and like the awesome games (Meerca Chase ftw)??

Yea I played that too much...
Oh my God, that totally brings me back. lol I feel old now. I had this great teacher and every month we had to do what he called an Interest Project. It was a presentation. We could do it on anything. So one month I did my project on Neopets. I never got into the battle arena. I focused on getting paintbrshes and I FINALLY got a faerie paint brush, a cow paint brush, a Egyptian paint brush, and another one but I don't remember what it was. Then I got all my petpets. I used to love meerca chase and my favourite neopet was the acara. Do you remember the fall of Maraqua and the whole thing over the Gyptian land... I don't rmember what it's called... ?
Old 09-28-2010 at 04:34 PM   #92
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

From the day I got my own Cricket kit (thanks to my dad). I used to wear the national shirt, trousers, gloves and pads on EVERY single cricket match and stand with a bat in front of the TV.

Watched the ball, then threw my own tennis ball at a wall and re-enacted the shot...also used to imitate the english commentary (I was in Pakistan).

Heck, I actually named the (grand)son of a maid who used to work at our house: Jayasuriya (I was around 6-8 so it's understandable)

Later in life...I started re-enacting WWE the same way (ie. with commentary). In school, "stunning" the person sitting next to me in class...wrestling with waist-height neck roll pillows on my springy mattress.

Ah, the good ol' days.

Last edited by Afzal : 09-28-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2010 at 04:45 PM   #93
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

When I was in preschool I enjoyed dunking my head in toilets. I can't do it anymore ]:

Entropy likes this.
Old 09-28-2010 at 05:16 PM   #94
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
When I was in preschool I enjoyed dunking my head in toilets. I can't do it anymore ]:
volutarily?

oh and i used to play Pokemon in the computer lab using a GBA emulator . I was responsible for copying VGBA and pokemon roms over all PCs in the lab XD (we didn't have internet in the labs back in my school in Pakistan and all terminals were monitored in real-time)...I just pulled the ethernet plug XD.

Once, i also pulled off a RAM stick from one of those PCs when there was a CD drive bay opening in the casing

Last edited by Afzal : 09-28-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2010 at 06:17 PM   #95
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

I used to enojy pretending I was one of the hyenas from Lion King.

Also...Doll Palace.
Old 09-28-2010 at 07:31 PM   #96
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

pogs

giftedchick, lawleypop like this.
Old 09-28-2010 at 08:47 PM   #97
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
pogs
never too old for pogs
Old 09-28-2010 at 08:57 PM   #98
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakattack View Post
never too old for pogs
Slammers were dangerous, but I loved it.
Old 09-28-2010 at 09:02 PM   #99
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Slammers were dangerous, but I loved it.
I think for a while i just had a big piece of metal which always flipped them over
Then people called me a cheater and I had to demoted back to plastic :(
Old 09-28-2010 at 09:53 PM   #100
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

how about the magic school bus pc games... actually you know what i would really want to play those again.
Old 09-29-2010 at 10:17 AM   #101
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
volutarily?
I only did it once.
Old 09-29-2010 at 10:38 AM   #102
megg.noelle

Liked: 3 Times

DANCING IN THE RAIN!!!!! Admittedly I never grew out of this. :)

jackiemac, lizziepizzie like this.
Old 09-29-2010 at 11:10 AM   #103
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
how about the magic school bus pc games... actually you know what i would really want to play those again.
I LOVED THOSE! I had Under The Sea, the Digestive System, and the Rainforest. I liked the Under The Sea game the best, though. Now I want to play them, too!

I think for a while i just had a big piece of metal which always flipped them over
Then people called me a cheater and I had to demoted back to plastic :(

I had the metal ones as well, hence them being dangerous!
Old 09-29-2010 at 12:11 PM   #104
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
... What the hell.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-29-2010 at 12:44 PM   #105
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

On a really girly note, my cousin and I would re-enact Sailor Moon episodes... transformations and all. We made these giant books (which we eventually had to switch to 3 inch binders) with as many pictures as we could find, bio/personal/costume (you name it) information, and all their sticks and whatnot. It eventually moved on to these really lame, but kinda cute for 10-13 yr olds (now that I look at it) Geocities websites (which got taken down... :'() ....
Eh, it's not like I still look through my book...

When Inuyasha came out, my little brother kept on screaming "Wind Scar!!!" and scratching me (which is incorrect, btw), and then I pretended to hit him with a hanger made into Sango's weapon and then the war started (and never quite ended).

I think I bought (without my parents knowing - and I'm brown, imagine that) every single DBZ video game (on a variety of systems) to date. Goku is AWESOME My bro always kicked my ass though >.<

I gotta say that no one I ever tried to play the YuGiOh/Digimon/Pokemon card games with ever knew how to play, including me... we would just start hacking at each other with the assumed card's powers, and all the adults would be like "WTF are you doing?!?" when the verbal abuse started, lmfao.

Last edited by resh.jyoti : 09-29-2010 at 02:52 PM.