MacInsiders Logo

Think you have a hardcore mom?!

Old 01-10-2011 at 12:32 PM   #76
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Shitty childhood + good adult life > Fun childhood + barely-making-ends-meat adultlife
It's funny, cause alot of those kids with shitty childhoods, end up thanking their parents later in their life.
It's called unconditional love

So, I agree
Old 01-10-2011 at 01:48 PM   #77
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrberr View Post
First off, wow you are mad.

Second, you did write statements masked as questions.

"Is that why I bet you've NEVER heard of an asian kid running away from home?"

There you are saying Asian kids never run away from home. And that would actually be a great definition for a blanket statement.

" I might have been implying that, but because I never wrote it, you're lost for saying that I wrote "an unsourced blanket statement". I wrote multiple questions in order to help generate the evidence for my point. "

Lolwut? You speaking English there? I'm "lost for saying"? What the **** does that even mean? I really hope that you don't have hard ass Asian parents, because if so they clearly failed and raised a moron.
You're lost for saying something...how does that not make sense? You are lost, meaning you have no ****ing clue what is going on, which is indicated by what you wrote.

If you can't understand that, I'm fairly certain I'm not the one who's the moron here.

Slash nah I don't have hard ass Asian parents, I'm nawt Chinese (yet).

xxsumz likes this.
Old 01-10-2011 at 02:56 PM   #78
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
k, that makes perfect sense to me. You don't want to make a kid think he/she can get away with doing a shitty half-assed job.

One of my favourite posts ever on the internet:

http://www.thebestpageintheu niverse.net/c.cgi?u=irule

I really hate the North-American culture of tell your kid 'you can be whatever you want to be!' or that they're 'great just the way you are'. Over generations this creates the bunch of lazy self-entitled ****tards we have wondering around today who just think they can get whatever job they want without even considering the work it takes to get there. It's a shame when you hear people calling things like an extra year in highschool a 'victory lap'.

I think it makes perfect sense to push your kids at a young age. I wish my parents had done things like put me in French immersion or forced me to learn an instrument (they were like 'lol k' when I said I didn't want to play the piano anymore when I was 7). This stricter 'asian' style of raising kids makes sense to me - kids don't know what's good for them.

Shitty childhood + good adult life > Fun childhood + barely-making-ends-meat adultlife
QTF. Yeah just had to quote this agian.
Old 01-10-2011 at 03:02 PM   #79
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:

I really hate the North-American culture of tell your kid 'you can be whatever you want to be!' or that they're 'great just the way you are'. Over generations this creates the bunch of lazy self-entitled ****tards we have wondering around today who just think they can get whatever job they want without even considering the work it takes to get there.
Reminds me of that episode of Community where Jeff is in pottery class and has to come to grips with the fact that just because his mom always told him he was special and could do anything didn't actually mean he could.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 01-10-2011 at 03:13 PM   #80
drhorrible

Liked: 98 Times

It's very important to make your kid feel special... Here's how to do it:

Amaryll, Mahratta like this.
Old 01-10-2011 at 06:07 PM   #81
mk90

Liked: 42 Times

As an Asian guy who has actually lives in Asia when school isn't happening (unlike you other folks here), I'd like to say a few things.

1. Asian parents push you, but after a certain point, they won't do it as much (i.e. enough that you'll feel bad if you screw up in school and improve, etc.). It's not like your parents live for your sake and your sake only, they also have lives.

Also, to all you non-Immigrants out there, beat your kids in the future. That's how Asians handle their business.

2. Asian people can also do stupid stuff and do things that other races do. It's just the people that immigrated to North America that don't do them mostly. It's probably because people from Asia that are hardcore as F*** stay there and people who can't handle it come to North America, with a few exceptions I guess (Chinese-American chain gangs for example, and etc.)

3. And finally, the fact that we are all at McMaster and not somewhere better is probably a sign of slacking. I mean... look at this freakin place. The most noticeable structure within a 1 mile radius is a huge smokestack spewing out toxic crap 24/7, and downtown hamilton is a sad mix of drunk college students, drunk homeless people, and people who provide services to these sad drunks. If I studied the way I am now when I was in high school, I would've gone places, but sadly, I was a huge slacker back in the day.
Old 01-10-2011 at 06:17 PM   #82
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk90 View Post
3. And finally, the fact that we are all at McMaster and not somewhere better is probably a sign of slacking. I mean... look at this freakin place. The most noticeable structure within a 1 mile radius is a huge smokestack spewing out toxic crap 24/7, and downtown hamilton is a sad mix of drunk college students, drunk homeless people, and people who provide services to these sad drunks. If I studied the way I am now when I was in high school, I would've gone places, but sadly, I was a huge slacker back in the day.
TAKE THAT BACK !

Mac is the BEST UNIVERSITY IN CANADA. I am not saying this to look good, I have a shit reputation on this forum anyway.

Mcmaster is a university of smart asses. Read the achievements at mac. We have the most powerful microscope in the world, a great engineering faculty and our docs did amazing research here.

Hamilton may not be the best city, but there is drunk ****s everywhere in Canada. Apparently, you don't travel much if you are crying about how Hammy is a town of "toxins" with drunkards everywhere.

bart15 likes this.
Old 01-10-2011 at 07:12 PM   #83
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

by all means raise your kids that way....just dont be surprised when you get shot in the back with a crossbow.....

Old 01-10-2011 at 07:27 PM   #84
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
by all means raise your kids that way....just dont be surprised when you get shot in the back with a crossbow.....
Best post of thread.

manap3000 says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 01-10-2011 at 07:34 PM   #85
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmasterrrrr View Post
so having a well paying job and a good life are synonymous?

money =/= happiness.
Nigas with no money act like money isn't everything - drizzy
Old 01-10-2011 at 09:32 PM   #86
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
Nigas with no money act like money isn't everything - drizzy
And then he goes on to complain about how being rich and famous sucks... irony?