MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
SCIENCE 1A00 available cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 39 08-27-2010 12:27 PM
Science 1A00 = Eng. 1A00 goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 67 09-13-2009 09:01 PM
Science 1A00 ishk33 Academics 2 09-14-2008 02:55 PM
Science 1A00 ? PunX Academics 2 09-06-2008 07:12 PM

To Those Enrolled in Science/Eng 1A00

To Those Enrolled in Science/Eng 1A00

The Science department has sent an email out to all those enrolled in Science/Eng 1A00-Introduction to Health and Safety. The course is now available on the E-Learn at Mac site: https://elm.mcmaster.ca.

To get started with Science/Eng 1A00, follow these steps
1) Go to https://elm.mcmaster.ca
2) Log in with your MacID
3) Select the “COURSES” tab at the top of the screen.
4) Click on the “2009 Fall (T1) SCIENCE/ENGINEER 1A00: SAFETY TRAINING” course.
5) Review the materials posted (i.e. the 27-minute video) for the course.
6) Once you feel prepared, take the quiz.

You must score at least 12 out of 14 on the quiz to pass, if you don't get it on your first try, you can take the quiz as many times as you need to !

Also, you have to take this quiz by SEPTEMBER 16th, 2009, since it must be completed before you start any of your labs. If you don't finish it by the deadline, you will get an F in the course, and you won't be allowed into your labs, until you completed it. So please do it as soon as you can!

If you have any questions, go to www.science.mcmaster. ca/sos.

Afzal, aziz917, ernie, xxsumz all say thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-23-2009 at 11:47 AM   #2
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
Btw, I didnt get an email but I took the quiz too. Any other first year engineers get the email??

Old 08-23-2009 at 12:39 PM   #3
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Btw, I didnt get an email but I took the quiz too. Any other first year engineers get the email??
Well I'm a first year Life Sci and I got it a couple of days ago took the quiz/test only took around 6 mins to do, really easy.

Old 08-23-2009 at 02:23 PM   #4
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
done pretty boring 27 min video though... got 12 right, will take again to get 14 right

Old 08-23-2009 at 02:26 PM   #5
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
done pretty boring 27 min video though... got 12 right, will take again to get 14 right
haha ya i did it very fast first try got 13/14...i donno why i thought you had to know cpr hahaha. I would have preferred a 14 i hate not getting perfect haha but it was first try id rather have 13/14 with 1 try than 14/14 with more tries (unless it actually counted for grades of course hehe)

Old 08-23-2009 at 02:33 PM   #6
Afzal
Android Dev

lol, i got 12 on the first, 11 on the 2nd and 14 on the third ... *sigh* satisfaction

Old 08-23-2009 at 02:35 PM   #7
malycknm

Liked: 0 Times
done as well. Fairly easy, but did not get the email. I found out about doing the test here of MacInsiders.

Nestor
Engineering I

Old 08-23-2009 at 03:07 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
That's so weird that engineering students didn't get it :S. I hope they'll do something about it soon!

First try: 11, 2nd try: 14! Took me like 2 minutes to finish the quiz both times, I recommend watching the video though, there's a lot of questions abotu acronyms and whatnot =F

Old 08-23-2009 at 03:11 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
That's so weird that engineering students didn't get it :S. I hope they'll do something about it soon!

First try: 11, 2nd try: 14! Took me like 2 minutes to finish the quiz both times, I recommend watching the video though, there's a lot of questions abotu acronyms and whatnot =F
At least you guys get multiple tries this year. Last year we had to call whoever so that they could reset and we could take the quiz again.

Old 08-23-2009 at 03:13 PM   #10
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Oh, wow. That's such a pain =O! I'm wondering one thing though, does it matter how many "attempts" people have? 'Cause there's a section where it says how many times you've taken the quiz, and what your scores were for every try.

Old 08-23-2009 at 03:17 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Oh, wow. That's such a pain =O! I'm wondering one thing though, does it matter how many "attempts" people have? 'Cause there's a section where it says how many times you've taken the quiz, and what your scores were for every try.
I don't think it matters, as long as you pass. It's just safety and if you pass then you should know what to do if something happens.

Old 08-23-2009 at 03:27 PM   #12
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Ya I don't like that they put how many times you tried it, as if it means something. However its enough to stop me from trying to get higher than 13 on a 2nd try lol.

Old 08-23-2009 at 03:29 PM   #13
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Phew, got it. Thanks!
To be honest, it was pretty much common sense >.<

Haha, do it anyway, it'll still show that you got a 13 on your first try! And if you get 14 the scond time, it'll show that you're striving for more, even though you passed the first time, no? That's how I see it anyway

Old 08-23-2009 at 03:30 PM   #14
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
I passed on the first try so I don't care and I still got 14 there somewhere.

~*Sara*~ likes this.

Old 08-23-2009 at 03:32 PM   #15
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Phew, got it. Thanks!
To be honest, it was pretty much common sense >.<

Haha, do it anyway, it'll still show that you got a 13 on your first try! And if you get 14 the scond time, it'll show that you're striving for more, even though you passed the first time, no? That's how I see it anyway
Wait so it shows you what you got for every try? :p

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search