MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts on Cowall and Goldfarb? oh atoms General Discussion 1 08-17-2014 10:46 PM
Any thoughts about electives? keiser=) Academics 28 06-04-2012 07:12 PM
Your thoughts on... Goce General Discussion 5 04-22-2009 08:04 PM
Tell us your thoughts on Welcome Day! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 17 08-11-2008 08:33 AM

Thoughts on Cowall?

Old 08-19-2014 at 03:20 PM   #1
beyonce99

Liked: 0 Times

Thoughts on Cowall?
Has anyone had Cowall before? I was in a class with her last year, but I dropped it because I wasn't a fan of her. I REALLY want to take Plagues & People, but I just want to know if anyone has had her for a full semester and their thoughts on her.
Old 08-19-2014 at 05:16 PM   #2
emilyliuu

Liked: 0 Times

Plagues & People - I took it last year and LOVED the course Herring was teaching it and it is my favourite course I've ever encountered.
I took Anthro 1AB3 last summer with Cowall and she was horrid - worst prof I've ever had and worst teacher I've ever had. She doesn't let you write you own essays, instead she has a guideline - she writes an intro and points that she wants YOU to focus on. I find her to be a difficult marker too... she seems to criticize everyone's writing instead of her own.

Half of the people in my summer school class actually ended up boycotting the class (many were older adults) who just didn't like her teaching and marking style... It was horrible...

beyonce99 says thanks to emilyliuu for this post.