MacInsiders Logo
Old 03-23-2010 at 05:27 PM   #1
melchizedek

Liked: 35 Times

Tiger's Return
I hate to do it, and I fully expect to get chased off MI for it, but am I the only one who's mental focus is now devoted almost entirely to Tiger Woods' return to Augusta?
I mean, every time I see a clock or look at a calendar, all I can think about is April 8-11. I'm emailing my professors to see if they'll cancel class on the Thursday? I know how most people feel about golf, but does ANYONE have ANY idea how HUGE this will be if Tiger somehow wins? It will make Obama's victory look like 1st place in a preliminary heat of a small town soapbox derby in which 3 of the 6 racers were scratched at race time for mechanical issues. Normally an eloquent speaker, I found myself simply stuttering when trying to answer my sister's question of why this is such a big deal. I'll just summarize: Tiger Woods has long been the perfect storm of superhuman talent, competitor-MELTING mental focus, and Greek god-like indomitability, and because of the most sordid sex scandal in sporting history, he fell from it all and descended to such a low that even the most mediocre 3-putting, double-bogeying Sunday hacker now feels justified in treading all over his unequalled golf legacy. But NOW, Tiger has the chance to redeem himself and ascend to never-before-seen heights in the sporting world, and it's all going to take place at golf's most hallowed ground, where it all started for Tiger 13 years ago.

Dang son, has there ever been a more appropriate time to use the word EPIC?
Old 03-23-2010 at 05:45 PM   #2
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

3/10,,,,,,,,,,
Old 03-23-2010 at 06:02 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by melchizedek View Post
I hate to do it, and I fully expect to get chased off MI for it, but am I the only one who's mental focus is now devoted almost entirely to Tiger Woods' return to Augusta?
I'm emailing my professors to see if they'll cancel class on the Thursday? I know how most people feel about golf, but does ANYONE have ANY idea how HUGE this will be if Tiger somehow wins? It will make Obama's victory look like 1st place in a preliminary heat of a small town soapbox derby in which 3 of the 6 racers were scratched at race time for mechanical issues.
Dang son, has there ever been a more appropriate time to use the word EPIC?
Old 03-23-2010 at 06:10 PM   #4
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

i could care less.
Old 03-23-2010 at 06:24 PM   #5
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

LOL golf

_Luu_ says thanks to reeves for this post.
Old 03-23-2010 at 06:34 PM   #6
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

I absolutely love playing golf. Any "sport" where you can drink beer and chase geese in motorized carts is cool in my books.

I don't give two shits about the pro tour. Watching golf is the single most boring thing a person can do outside of a sensory deprivation tank.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 03-23-2010 at 06:49 PM   #7
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

always watch the masters! I hope it's a good one!
Old 03-23-2010 at 07:09 PM   #8
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Hez a Muthaphukkin P.I.M.P.
Tiger is a love guru
Old 03-23-2010 at 07:45 PM   #9
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

I'd call you a troll, but judging by some of the posts I see on macinsiders, I'm afraid you might actually be serious.
Old 03-23-2010 at 07:50 PM   #10
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

I was jokin...my bad if it offended you.
Old 03-23-2010 at 08:54 PM   #11
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

I dont see why it would be an epic win. Yes, it will be big if he wins the masters but no different really then any other time. Its not like he broke both of his arms and its astonishing that he can golf after it. He left for a while to deal with a personal problem, now he is back. It really shouldn't affect his game.
Old 03-23-2010 at 09:55 PM   #12
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

- What's the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa Claus? Santa stopped at three ho's.

- Tiger crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree. He couldn't decide between a wood and an iron.

- What's the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a golf ball 400 yards.

- Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars. Now he has a hole-in-one.

- Tiger has a new movie coming out. It's called Crouching Tiger, Hidden Hydrant.
Old 03-23-2010 at 09:59 PM   #13
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

lol the south park episode about tiger woods was awesome, hehe...other than that, i could care less about tiger woods

sniderj, temara.brown like this.
Old 03-23-2010 at 11:32 PM   #14
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

A lot of people in this thread are saying "I could care less", which is wrong, let me just clear this up for you people:

BlakeM, Geek, temptingf8 all say thanks to Souldier for this post.

Old 03-24-2010 at 08:43 AM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I love Tiger.

Pumped as always!

One of my favorite sports. ;D

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.