MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
check my first year time table KuNFuZeD First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-09-2010 06:59 PM
First year choices, good idea to change considering time desimac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-05-2010 01:07 PM
Question about 2nd year time table? AnnaWM Academics 3 06-13-2010 05:04 PM
It's that time of year again: Daylight Savings Time! manu MacInsiders Announcements 5 03-14-2010 03:47 AM
First Year Statistics Time Change! goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 1 07-23-2009 11:22 AM

When (what time of year) did you get accepted?

Old 01-10-2010 at 08:16 PM   #31
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I think McMaster is one of the universities that sends acceptances pretty late. It's the last one I receive when I applied.

A lot of universities like Laurier, Waterloo and U of Ottawa send out early acceptances because they want to try to "steal" as many students away from other universities. So sending out early acceptances can sometimes influence a students decision, although I'm not quite certain how that works. That's what I heard anyways.
Old 01-10-2010 at 08:39 PM   #32
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I think McMaster is one of the universities that sends acceptances pretty late. It's the last one I receive when I applied.
Mac was the second school to accept me (like most people on here, I was accepted in February). However, I know some people who did not get acceptances from Mac until May! I am guessing when you get accepted depends on the program you are applying to, your marks and when you applied.
Old 01-10-2010 at 09:13 PM   #33
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
A lot of universities like Laurier, Waterloo and U of Ottawa send out early acceptances because they want to try to "steal" as many students away from other universities. So sending out early acceptances can sometimes influence a students decision, although I'm not quite certain how that works. That's what I heard anyways.
Trust me that strategy works pretty well...I've seen people accept offers to places like U of Windsor in february only to get offers to McGill in later months
Old 01-10-2010 at 09:15 PM   #34
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
Trust me that strategy works pretty well...I've seen people accept offers to places like U of Windsor in february only to get offers to McGill in later months
Yeah, but I don't understand why... Can universities retract their acceptance offers? Because in the end all the universities have you send you an acceptance/rejection by a certain day.