MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
timetable help Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-27-2010 08:42 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
When is the timetable out? jubilantx Academics 6 08-06-2010 10:19 PM
Changes to timetable? lavalampsky Academics 14 08-12-2009 08:21 PM
timetable Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-12-2009 01:19 PM

TimeTable

Old 08-09-2008 at 04:22 PM   #1
mmal

Liked: 0 Times

TimeTable
I know that many people are asking this question so its probably really annoying but can someone check my schedule and tell me if its good?

Term 1

Term 2

Last edited by mmal : 08-09-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2008 at 04:29 PM   #2
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

hey.
for your physics class on thurs, it is not overlapping.
EOW= every other week.
so during one week you will be having your tutorial and then the next week you'll have your lab and then it alternates from then on. So dont' worry. when school starts on the first day you will get the course outline that will tell you which set will start for according to your lab/tutorial number.

for your first term, the only think i would try to change is the physics lab/tutorial b/c it is creating a really long school day for you! try and see if you can move that around.
Also if you can try and move the chem 1e03 lab you have on weds.

my suggestion is always to try to move lab/tutorials around cause its easier, and if those don't work, then start checking out if there are other core sections you can be in!

for your term 2.
I would definately try to move your Eng 1c03 L18. its not EOW, so that means you have to go to that every week, which makes yourday REALLY LONG.
try moving that and also your physics 1e03 tutorial and lab to a tues/wed spot in the afternoon. But in order to do that, you have to switch the engineer 1p03 T12 too b/c its in the way. try and move that to a monday tutorial.

mmal says thanks to Eva C for this post.
Old 08-09-2008 at 10:16 PM   #3
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

so the computer generates all our timetables? that must explain why some are just...so weird!

Old 08-09-2008 at 11:45 PM   #4
FlyWithMac

Liked: 0 Times

Does anyone know the real reason why conflicts happen on our timetables? Like why would the computer make conflicts since it knows the Master timetable. Is it because some of the tutorials/labs/cores are full and that's why they are placed in conflicts that way?
Old 08-10-2008 at 12:18 AM   #5
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

The program takes students one at a time and enters them into tutorials and labs sequentially. It doesn't check to make sure that every student is assigned a tutorial or lab that is not conflicting with a core class. That would be impossible because most students have similar issues and would all need to be assigned into the better of the time slots. So basically it randomly picks tutorials and labs for you, tells you if it's overlapping with a course, and says it's up to you to fix it.