MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 World Cup thread! Rakim Athletics & Recreation 234 07-12-2010 09:39 AM
Official 2010 Timetable Checking Thread Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-09-2010 09:38 AM
2010/11 course timetable dede90 Academics 9 06-09-2010 07:40 PM
McMaster University Offers of Admission 2010 Thread Rubicon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 04-18-2010 09:28 AM

Timetable Checking & Help Thread 2010

Old 08-22-2010 at 08:37 PM   #211
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

Love my schedule this year! Even have a wednesday off in Term 1.

Excited for an awesome line-up of awesome courses!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Timetable - 3rd year - 1st term.JPG (74.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Timetable - 3rd year - 2nd term.JPG (76.9 KB, 21 views)

Old 08-24-2010 at 12:10 PM   #212
Sonica

Liked: 0 Times

thanks for your help!
am i able to still make changes on my timetable or is the deadline already passed?
if i can where can i make these changes??
Old 08-24-2010 at 12:20 PM   #213
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonica View Post
thanks for your help!
am i able to still make changes on my timetable or is the deadline already passed?
if i can where can i make these changes??
Drop/Add Deadlines: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...sessional.html

Changes are made through SOLAR.

Use the Master Timetable to see the sections offered and their time slots: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/
Old 08-25-2010 at 07:39 PM   #214
asoth

I recently changed my timetable since I got into a class I wanted...but the core conflicts with a tutorial in another course. I know that a different tutorial will work fine, but SOLAR doesn't give me the option to change it. Will it eventually change on its own, or do I need to contact someone about this? (And if so, who?)
Thanks~
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:00 PM   #215
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoth View Post
I recently changed my timetable since I got into a class I wanted...but the core conflicts with a tutorial in another course. I know that a different tutorial will work fine, but SOLAR doesn't give me the option to change it. Will it eventually change on its own, or do I need to contact someone about this? (And if so, who?)
Thanks~
It won't change on it's own, it's the student's responsibility to sort out all conflicts. When you say it doesn't give you the option, is it because all the other sections are full or is it because you can't modify the course? Also, what course is it?
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:31 PM   #216
asoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
It won't change on it's own, it's the student's responsibility to sort out all conflicts. When you say it doesn't give you the option, is it because all the other sections are full or is it because you can't modify the course? Also, what course is it?
Actually, I just sorted it out...I'm glad to used the word modify because somehow it didn't even dawn on me to use SOLAR's "Modify" option. =____= So thanks for your help!

Looks like I'm stuck with an 8:30 tutorial though...but at least I already have a 9:30 class that day.

Last edited by asoth : 08-25-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2010 at 05:38 PM   #217
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

I heard that time-tables were released on the 9th, but where do I go to find them? I know it's on MUGSI, but which link? On SOLAR, the Coures/Labs/Tutorials were assigned. Is that it? Or is there a completed timetable that was issued?
Old 08-26-2010 at 05:40 PM   #218
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
I heard that time-tables were released on the 9th, but where do I go to find them? I know it's on MUGSI, but which link? On SOLAR, the Coures/Labs/Tutorials were assigned. Is that it? Or is there a completed timetable that was issued?
It's on the page where you click to log into MUGSI. It's near the top of that list.
Old 08-31-2010 at 11:15 PM   #219
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Hi. I would like some help with respect to changing a course and trying to get it to fit into my timetable. Chem 1A03 C01 needs to be changed for certain reasons, and I'd like to know which of the other three timeslots would be most suitable/easiest for me.

I'm thinking of C04, because I've heard good things about the prof, and it frees up a lot of time for me, but I'm worried about Wednesday that if I have Math, Chem and Linguistics right after each other, will I be able to get to class with only 10 minutes in between?

I have to go from the TSH building to Burkes to KTH; will 10 minutes be enough time? I have no idea how far the building are from each other, and how hard getting around campus is during winter, so I'd like some help.
______
As for Chem EOW, it's every other week starting from the 9th of September right? And what's the two white lines between Chem and Bio on the Thursday about? Is it just a misprint?
____
Also please take a look at my Term 2 schedule and tell me if it's okay.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png screenshot.1.png (3.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Student Time Table Term 1.jpg (152.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Student Time Table Term 2.jpg (157.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-31-2010 at 11:24 PM   #220
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Hi. I would like some help with respect to changing a course and trying to get it to fit into my timetable. Chem 1A03 C01 needs to be changed for certain reasons, and I'd like to know which of the other three timeslots would be most suitable/easiest for me.

I'm thinking of C04, because I've heard good things about the prof, and it frees up a lot of time for me, but I'm worried about Wednesday that if I have Math, Chem and Linguistics right after each other, will I be able to get to class with only 10 minutes in between?

I have to go from the TSH building to Burkes to KTH; will 10 minutes be enough time? I have no idea how far the building are from each other, and how hard getting around campus is during winter, so I'd like some help.
______
As for Chem EOW, it's every other week starting from the 9th of September right? And what's the two white lines between Chem and Bio on the Thursday about? Is it just a misprint?
____
Also please take a look at my Term 2 schedule and tell me if it's okay.

Thanks
TSH and BSB aren't far (5-6 minutes), and BSB and KTH is almost the same as the previous.

You will be told when labs start and which week you are.

White lines are just glitches, just think of it as solid green.

Edit: Term 2 looks normal.

SilentWalker says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 09-03-2010 at 10:20 AM   #221
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
TSH and BSB aren't far (5-6 minutes), and BSB and KTH is almost the same as the previous.

You will be told when labs start and which week you are.

White lines are just glitches, just think of it as solid green.

Edit: Term 2 looks normal.
Thanks . That makes my decision easy.

Just a heads up, there's a glitch in the forum. I kept checking this thread everyday for the last week (in Linear Mode), and I never saw your replies until I switched to Hybrid/Threaded Mode. It only displays the first 12 pages/216 posts, the latest of which was done over a week ago. Just something I thought you'd like to check into.
Old 09-03-2010 at 10:41 AM   #222
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Thanks . That makes my decision easy.

Just a heads up, there's a glitch in the forum. I kept checking this thread everyday for the last week (in Linear Mode), and I never saw your replies until I switched to Hybrid/Threaded Mode. It only displays the first 12 pages/216 posts, the latest of which was done over a week ago. Just something I thought you'd like to check into.
Yeah, it's been like that forever. Some people also saw this and I told them to change the number of posts per page. It works for me at 40 posts per page.
Old 09-09-2010 at 03:23 PM   #223
theprayer5

Timetable Help!
okay..so i am attaching my timetable....when u open it u will see semester 1 and 2 timetable in green...This is my real timetable schedule as for right now. if u scroll down u see a sem. 1 & 2 timetable in orange...this is the fake timetable....meaning if i do change my courses around....that's how it will look like....soo my question is which one of the two timetables should i decide on...
Also, u will see i have thursday off....i know someone who goes to mac who said that having a day off is great...it gives u a break...and alot of time to get ur work done. so that's why i have thursday off. (Any advice on this....)

As for 2nd term timetable, u will see i have "course" written on the green timetable....which means i still have to pick a course.....can't decide which one....i want to pick anthro A103 (is in conflict) and labour studies...can't choose this either....Are there any other easy courses out there??

lastly, u will see "course CMST" written on the orange timetable...which means that i want to pick this course and it is also offered in these timing and it fits into my orange timetable. But it is Full.

Soo, i can't decide which one of the timetable will work better for me....
Attached Files
File Type: doc My timetable.doc (129.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-09-2010 at 04:11 PM   #224
theprayer5

that's weird...i did attach my timetable...guess it didn't work....

here it is again
Attached Files
File Type: doc My timetable.doc (129.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-09-2010 at 04:21 PM   #225
theprayer5

what is wrong i attached my timetable....but only the message is appearing...