MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 World Cup thread! Rakim Athletics & Recreation 234 07-12-2010 09:39 AM
Official 2010 Timetable Checking Thread Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-09-2010 09:38 AM
2010/11 course timetable dede90 Academics 9 06-09-2010 07:40 PM
McMaster University Offers of Admission 2010 Thread Rubicon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 04-18-2010 09:28 AM

Timetable Checking & Help Thread 2010

Old 07-17-2010 at 08:14 PM   #16
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwong View Post
here are my two mock schedules.
I'm debating between v.1 and v.2 of term 2
Is it alright if I schedule a tutorial at the same time as a class??

hey ur shcedual looks good, though one thing i noticed is that in ur first term, ur physics lab, it actually starts at 5:30 and its only 2hours long. so u have a break there b/w your bio core and physics lab on the mondays

cwong says thanks to Chevalier for this post.
Old 07-18-2010 at 06:53 PM   #17
ErinD

Liked: 1 Time

ok so im thinking this is a dumb question but i seem to be missing something

i wasn't yet assigned cores or tutorials and it wouldn't let me select any on solar....did i do something wrong or are all these tentative? like it was never an option for me to select a choice in the "section" section of course selection
Old 07-18-2010 at 07:08 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinD View Post
ok so im thinking this is a dumb question but i seem to be missing something

i wasn't yet assigned cores or tutorials and it wouldn't let me select any on solar....did i do something wrong or are all these tentative? like it was never an option for me to select a choice in the "section" section of course selection
You will be sectioned August 2-9. You will get your timetable on the 9th. On the 11th, if you want to switch sections, you can do so on SOLAR.
Old 07-19-2010 at 10:55 AM   #19
ErinD

Liked: 1 Time

thanks for the clarification...so here's my mock timetable!!
lemme know what you think
Attached Files
File Type: doc timetable-template.doc (43.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-19-2010 at 11:43 AM   #20
Chevalier
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You will be sectioned August 2-9. You will get your timetable on the 9th. On the 11th, if you want to switch sections, you can do so on SOLAR.
hey i had a question about how the timetable sectioning works starting on the 11th of aug. basically do u go back onto mugsi and throguh solar to do the sectioning. and is it like a timetable which u can switch around.

basically what im trying to say is that is it a simple process or is it a bit complicated and confusing. ill be gone for all of august with no internet so im leaving all my stuff to my bro - whos 3 years younger - and hoping that hell be able to go throguh it. so it would be helpful if someone whos already done it in the past could explain the process a bit

thx
krupesh
Old 07-19-2010 at 11:52 AM   #21
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by krup92 View Post
hey i had a question about how the timetable sectioning works starting on the 11th of aug. basically do u go back onto mugsi and throguh solar to do the sectioning. and is it like a timetable which u can switch around.

basically what im trying to say is that is it a simple process or is it a bit complicated and confusing. ill be gone for all of august with no internet so im leaving all my stuff to my bro - whos 3 years younger - and hoping that hell be able to go throguh it. so it would be helpful if someone whos already done it in the past could explain the process a bit

thx
krupesh
On August 11th, you can start switching your sections around on SOLAR. It's the same as when you picked your courses except this time there are drop-down menus for sections.

There are limited seats in each section, so you might not get into the ones you want.
Old 07-19-2010 at 09:43 PM   #22
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

This is my mock timetable as of right now. Advice and feedback would definitely be appreciated, thanks
Attached Files
File Type: doc Timetable.doc (52.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 07-20-2010 at 05:00 PM   #23
Chevalier
Elite Member

hey just a quick question, but what would you describe as your perfect timetable.
so how many hours of school a day
what time does it start and when would it end
etc, stuff like that

- and i realize it is near to impossible to get a perfect timetable but i was just curious - has anyone gotten such a thing

krupesh
Old 07-20-2010 at 05:28 PM   #24
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by krup92 View Post
hey just a quick question, but what would you describe as your perfect timetable.
so how many hours of school a day
what time does it start and when would it end
etc, stuff like that

- and i realize it is near to impossible to get a perfect timetable but i was just curious - has anyone gotten such a thing

krupesh
"Perfect" is a pretty subjective term, but so far I seem to have gotten more or less what I wanted in first term both years, but second term ends up being a disaster.

Anyway, this year, I wanted to cram all my classes into as few days as possible, to allow me to work as many hours as possible on days off. As of right now, I have all my classes on Mon and Wed in first term, minus one hour of class on Friday morning, which realistically, I don't see myself going to for anything other than quizzes or to hand in assignments. I have long days those 2 days, starting at 8:30, and ending at 10 PM (including breaks throughout the day), but I like it, since it allows me to work approximately 30 hours a week, and still have 3 nights every week plus weekends to do school work.
Old 07-27-2010 at 01:01 AM   #25
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

Is it okay to have classes that are 10 minutes apart ? Judging by the scale of the campus and where the buildings are, I'm worried I wouldn't be able to make it to class within 10 minutes.

Last edited by anon491 : 07-27-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-27-2010 at 11:21 AM   #26
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times

This is my mock timetable...it seems kind of "off" to me...
Tell me what you think PLEASE!

Thanks so much!
Attached Files
File Type: doc timetableeeee.doc (109.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-27-2010 at 12:55 PM   #27
brittanyd

Liked: 0 Times

I want to try and get into two courses when Solar reopens and the class only has one slot, what happens if that slot is already taken by another class? is it possible to move the conflicting classes around too or will most classes be too full and I won't have much to work with?
Old 07-27-2010 at 01:49 PM   #28
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayok8737 View Post
This is my mock timetable...it seems kind of "off" to me...
Tell me what you think PLEASE!

Thanks so much!
It looks alright, except get rid of the 1 hour breaks where you can. They're pretty useless. Not enough time to really do anything, but too much time to just go wait outside your next class. Boredom will follow.

Also, I'm in your Classics 1A03 class.
Old 07-27-2010 at 01:51 PM   #29
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyd View Post
I want to try and get into two courses when Solar reopens and the class only has one slot, what happens if that slot is already taken by another class? is it possible to move the conflicting classes around too or will most classes be too full and I won't have much to work with?
If you're talking about SOLAR in August, remember there's about 20,000 people doing the same thing as you. It's all a matter of what's available at the moment you're in SOLAR. Check back often. Chances are you'll end up getting most/all of what you want, if you're persistent and/or lucky.
Old 07-27-2010 at 03:29 PM   #30
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
It looks alright, except get rid of the 1 hour breaks where you can. They're pretty useless. Not enough time to really do anything, but too much time to just go wait outside your next class. Boredom will follow.

Also, I'm in your Classics 1A03 class.
Thank you! And woohoo! I'll see you then!