MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
timetable conflict inquiry Kevinabrahak Academics 0 08-09-2012 11:42 AM
Timetable Conflict Help Driftking24 Academics 3 08-08-2012 12:56 PM
timetable conflict avnona First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-25-2011 11:09 PM
unavoidable timetable conflict, who to ask? m0nica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 12-31-2010 08:10 PM
Timetable Conflict Energy44 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-07-2009 11:23 AM

Timetable conflict

Old 08-07-2013 at 05:54 AM   #1
Haris

Liked: 0 Times

Timetable conflict
I just checked my timetable and saw that there was a clash. The math 1LT3 tutorial is at the same time for the core for eng 1A03. I checked the master timetable and i don't think there are any alternate tutorial or core timings for either of them. What should i do?
Old 08-07-2013 at 07:44 AM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haris View Post
I just checked my timetable and saw that there was a clash. The math 1LT3 tutorial is at the same time for the core for eng 1A03. I checked the master timetable and i don't think there are any alternate tutorial or core timings for either of them. What should i do?
Are both of them mandatory for you? If so, I'm sure there is an alternative tutorial you can select.
Old 08-07-2013 at 08:36 AM   #3
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Are both of them mandatory for you? If so, I'm sure there is an alternative tutorial you can select.
There's actually only one tutorial, which is kind of weird. I'd think there would be more people taking 1LT3 than that.

Anyway, you should probably talk to an Academic Advisor in the Associate Dean of Science's Office. Do you think you can switch into the Day class of 1A03? If it's full, it's possible that they may open a seat for you since there's no other tutorial time.

(Also, note that I don't think 1LT3 tutorials are mandatory. It's just the prof taking up some questions.)
Old 08-07-2013 at 04:25 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

The tutorial for math is basically just a lecture (in a lecture hall), but instead of covering new material, you go through questions and practice problems as well as ask questions and whatnot.
Old 08-08-2013 at 07:48 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

If there is a conflict for you then there are probably many other students with that same conflict and they will move around the tutorial or add another tutorial time slot. You won't be told this until class starts so go to the core lecture class that the tutorial is for (tutorials don't start until a few weeks into school) and go talk with the prof

--HP--, Haris all say thanks to Chad for this post.