MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable Conflict Problem waldo92 Academics 4 08-13-2010 10:53 PM
Timetable Tutorial Conflict LivLucy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-11-2010 04:56 PM
Timetable PHY LAB conflict, HELP PLZZZZZZZ!! 1st yr. Sunny_GL2UA! Academics 2 08-11-2010 11:42 AM
Timetable Conflict Energy44 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-07-2009 11:23 AM
Timetable Conflict with COMP SCI 1FC3 georgeb.1990 Academics 6 08-16-2008 11:41 PM

unavoidable timetable conflict, who to ask?

Old 12-31-2010 at 05:27 PM   #1
m0nica
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

unavoidable timetable conflict, who to ask?
Chem 1aa3 labs are all full and the lab (l67) assigned to me is in conflict with my econ 1b03 core section next semester...

my questions are:
1) who do I go to for this unavoidable conflict?
2) am I in trouble if I don't get this fixed on monday, the start of term 2?
3) is there anyone who actually just wants to switch with me LOL my lab is a thursday afternoon and I'm needing a Tuesday afternoon.. please email: [email protected]

THANKS THANKS FOR THE HELP AND HAPPYY HAPPPY NEW YEARS GUYS

Last edited by m0nica : 12-31-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-31-2010 at 05:28 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

jeff landry (if he is still the lab coordinator for that course).. print out ur timetable and bring it to him.. pretty sure he will try to fit u in a lab that works with your schedule
Old 12-31-2010 at 05:33 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Yup, do what the above said. Or just email your prof/him and try to get it fixed.

Worst case, you gotta miss your lecture that day EOW.
Old 12-31-2010 at 06:08 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Yeah, you can even email him a screenshot of your current schedule. If you are available other times and Tuesday is the one that is preferable, you may not get that timeslot...but he'll do whatever he can to change to a non-conflicting lab.
Also, since many of your courses probably have multiple sections, have you looked at changing any of these to make another available lab section fit your schedule?
Old 12-31-2010 at 06:24 PM   #5
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

best case scenario : drop econ wut a freaking waste of time
Old 12-31-2010 at 06:31 PM   #6
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Sorry, you're screwed. There's no way you'll be able to pass Econ if you skip four of Hannah's lectures; they're a crucial part of the learning experience and the majority of the content of her tests is on material she tells you in-class, save for an occasional bonus question that might ask you about something on the lecture slides she posts.

If anyone tells you otherwise, they're lying.

Jaff24 likes this.
Old 12-31-2010 at 06:47 PM   #7
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Sorry, you're screwed. There's no way you'll be able to pass Econ if you skip four of Hannah's lectures; they're a crucial part of the learning experience and the majority of the content of her tests is on material she tells you in-class, save for an occasional bonus question that might ask you about something on the lecture slides she posts.

Lol

12charrrrr
Old 12-31-2010 at 06:48 PM   #8
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:

Do I smell sarcasm ? I am sarcasm impaired

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 12-31-2010 at 07:07 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
Do I smell sarcasm ? I am sarcasm impaired
Haha, it's sarcasm indeed.

Just email Jeff Landry or drop by his office with your timetable and he'll switch you into a section that works. This will probably be announced at the first lecture of Chem 1AA3.
Old 12-31-2010 at 07:43 PM   #10
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:

haaaaah

i took it last yr... i stopped goin to lecture after reading week
Old 12-31-2010 at 08:09 PM   #11
m0nica
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

thank you thank you everyone!
Old 12-31-2010 at 08:10 PM   #12
Kayee

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nica View Post
Chem 1aa3 labs are all full and the lab (l67) assigned to me is in conflict with my econ 1b03 core section next semester...

my questions are:
1) who do I go to for this unavoidable conflict?
2) am I in trouble if I don't get this fixed on monday, the start of term 2?
3) are there anyone who actually just wants to switch with me LOL my lab is a thursday afternoon and I'm needing a Tuesday afternoon.. please email: [email protected]

THANKS THANKS FOR THE HELP AND HAPPYY HAPPPY NEW YEARS GUYS
I have a tuesday afternoon lab and its conflicting w/ my other tutorial. wanna switch w/ me?