MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making changes to the timetable? soody First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-09-2010 06:31 PM
Help with making Mock timetable for Engineering I Zachary First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-18-2010 03:46 PM
Making a mock timetable anthony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 06-30-2010 04:21 PM
Making Term Two Different goodnews.inc Academics 1 01-02-2010 11:20 PM

Timetable-making?

Old 06-02-2011 at 06:28 AM   #1
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Timetable-making?
Anyone have a decent program for making a 'mock' timetable? Or an excel template?

Cheers
Old 06-02-2011 at 06:54 AM   #2
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

I always use Word, don't really know why

Here's the blank if you want it: Link

This is what it ends up looking like:
Old 06-02-2011 at 07:12 AM   #3
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

I made mine on excel. Though I must admit, I don't really know what I'm doing yet.
Attached Files
File Type: xls ExcelTimetableTemplate.xls (32.5 KB, 36 views)
Old 06-02-2011 at 07:25 AM   #4
Lauren.xo

Liked: 4 Times

I use this template because it prints (landscape) on just one page, has both terms, and since classes are AT LEAST one hour, splitting the hours into half hour slots allows me to use one line for the course code and room number, and the second row to write in the exact time (since most are only 50 mins of course ).

The reason I really love this layout is that the two line system keeps the height of the hour slots uniform, so I have an accurate picture of how much time each class really eats up- my old template was just a table in Word, but the more information you type in each box the bigger it gets, and then the boxes in between would be sooooo smaaaalll and I'd be like WTF why do I have no spare time during the day?? Hahahaha.

Hope this helps

Lauren
Attached Files
File Type: xls COURSES.xls (16.5 KB, 64 views)
Old 06-02-2011 at 03:44 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guize!