Old 11-07-2010 at 12:31 AM   #15
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
Daylight savings time sucks. Ruins my eating schedule

Old 11-07-2010 at 01:23 AM   #16
BVictor

Liked: 7 Times
So the clock on my computer says "DST ended on November-7-2010 at 2:00 AM. The clock went back 1 hour at that time."

Uhm, no it didn't, because it's still 2:22 AM. Shouldn't it be 1:22 AM, or is the digital clock on my computer just gonna be moving slower for these two hours?

(Sorry, it's the first time I'm experiencing DST. Ain't got it in the Middle East.)

Old 11-07-2010 at 01:26 AM   #17
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor View Post
So the clock on my computer says "DST ended on November-7-2010 at 2:00 AM. The clock went back 1 hour at that time."

Uhm, no it didn't, because it's still 2:22 AM. Shouldn't it be 1:22 AM, or is the digital clock on my computer just gonna be moving slower for these two hours?

(Sorry, it's the first time I'm experiencing DST. Ain't got it in the Middle East.)
OKAY. As of right now its 2:25am, with the DST. So your 2:22 your seeing is right.

Source: My watch sais 3:26 atm since I still have to set it back.

Old 11-07-2010 at 02:00 AM   #18
Parminder S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 18 Times
I started tripping out for a few minutes because I went to the washroom, came back, and suddenly it was 1 AM, but I thought it was around 1:55 when I'd gone to do my business. But then reality set in.

Afzal likes this.

Old 11-07-2010 at 03:59 AM   #19
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times
Yay...I'm still up. :/

Old 11-07-2010 at 03:37 PM   #20
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parminder S View Post
I started tripping out for a few minutes because I went to the washroom, came back, and suddenly it was 1 AM, but I thought it was around 1:55 when I'd gone to do my business. But then reality set in.
it took u 5 min to do ur business....

Old 11-07-2010 at 04:00 PM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHEDDENITE View Post
it took u 5 min to do ur business....
Engineers poop too.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-07-2010 at 05:49 PM   #22
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times
If it were up to me, we would only change the clocks back - never forward. I wouldn't give a shit if every ten years or so it would be dark out during the day. I refuse to lose an hour! >:U

Afzal likes this.

Old 11-07-2010 at 06:36 PM   #23
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
If it were up to me, we would only change the clocks back - never forward. I wouldn't give a shit if every ten years or so it would be dark out during the day. I refuse to lose an hour! >:U
change is good.

I didn't have to do any of that. In fact, I didn't even know DST had ended since my PC clock reverted automatically and so did my phone's

are you people still on analog watches?

Old 11-08-2010 at 11:54 AM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parminder S View Post
If I were you I would have gotten back on the toilet to see if the time rolls back another hour. You could have a time travelling toilet on your hands! That would be so awesome.

Old 11-08-2010 at 12:56 PM   #25
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times
Well I found out today that my clock automatically sets itself back an hour, so me adding another hour onto that really didn't help me. I totally missed my first class and instead I sat in on a critical thinking course offered in the same room one hour later where the prof proved the validity of an argument stating all critical thinking students are alone on friday nights.

Old 11-08-2010 at 12:59 PM   #26
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times
One thing I realized this year about DST is that it happens on different days of the year depending on where you are in the world. I know that there are places that don't do it at all, but I never knew that places do it on different days. Like here in France we had our fall back last week on October 31st instead of this week. So for a week I was only 5 hours ahead of everybody back home.

Old 11-08-2010 at 01:02 PM   #27
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
One thing I realized this year about DST is that it happens on different days of the year depending on where you are in the world. I know that there are places that don't do it at all, but I never knew that places do it on different days. Like here in France we had our fall back last week on October 31st instead of this week. So for a week I was only 5 hours ahead of everybody back home.
Same thing happens in England too.

Old 11-08-2010 at 02:33 PM   #28
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
What I find really trippy is that Arizona (and Hawaii) are the only states that don't observe daylight savings. So for like 6 months of the year, when you cross the border from Utah to Arizona, you automatically lose an hour even though you're in the same timezone (and either lose 2 hours or end up at same time when you cross timezones!).

Old 11-08-2010 at 02:38 PM   #29
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
What I find really trippy is that Arizona (and Hawaii) are the only states that don't observe daylight savings. So for like 6 months of the year, when you cross the border from Utah to Arizona, you automatically lose an hour even though you're in the same timezone (and either lose 2 hours or end up at same time when you cross timezones!).

Hmmm I wonder why they don't observe it? It seems rather odd.. well Arizona more so than Hawaii since Hawaii is way out in the middle of the ocean, it can do whatever it wants.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search