MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apply for OSCAR without OSAP hudsonka Financial Aid 0 06-18-2011 08:53 AM
Can I Still Apply For OSAP? Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-10-2010 08:13 PM
Too late to apply? armiebaby First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-09-2010 05:09 PM
How do I apply for (summer) Osap? lawleypop Financial Aid 2 03-22-2010 09:41 AM
OSAP - To late to apply? MacEng First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-19-2008 10:35 AM

Is it too late to apply for OSAP?

Old 08-10-2011 at 11:05 AM   #1
TBakht

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Is it too late to apply for OSAP?
I'm going into my second year and I've been out of the country since May 17th. I didn't get a chance to apply for OSAP. Is it too late if I do it now? I already confirmed my payment agreement.

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2011 at 11:06 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBakht View Post
I'm going into my second year and I've been out of the country since May 17th. I didn't get a chance to apply for OSAP. Is it too late if I do it now? I already confirmed my payment agreement.

Thanks!
You can still apply, it won't appear on your payment agreement though since the deadline for that to happen was July 15th.

TBakht says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-10-2011 at 11:10 AM   #3
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Hey Jeremy (or anyone else) do you happen to know the latest day to pick up your OSAP? I don't need it for tuition because my dad's paying for my tuition and I'll reimburse him with my OSAP funding whenever I get it.

There was a mistake in one of my CRA documents so I'm getting that amended. After that, I have to let OSAP know of the mistake and they'll re-adjust my funding. I don't think it's a problem as long as I can eventually get my OSAP, but I was wondering how late into first semester can we pick up the funding.
Old 08-10-2011 at 11:11 AM   #4
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBakht View Post

Thanks!
You can definitely still apply. However, as stated above, it won't be available as an option for you to use your OSAP directly towards your tuition. So if you want to avoid interest charges then this would mean paying off tuition in full on your own. Then when your osap is ready to be picked up it will go directly into your bank account.

TBakht says thanks to SciMania for this post.
Old 08-10-2011 at 11:13 AM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Hey Jeremy (or anyone else) do you happen to know the latest day to pick up your OSAP? I don't need it for tuition because my dad's paying for my tuition and I'll reimburse him with my OSAP funding whenever I get it.

There was a mistake in one of my CRA documents so I'm getting that amended. After that, I have to let OSAP know of the mistake and they'll re-adjust my funding. I don't think it's a problem as long as I can eventually get my OSAP, but I was wondering how late into first semester can we pick up the funding.
The latest? You'll have to ask SFAS, I don't know how long they hold onto the documents for. Just let them know that you would probably have to pick up your OSAP after the general pick-up, so you wanted to know how long you have to pick-up your OSAP after that. The OSAP pick-up after the general pick-up happens in the SFAS office by the way.
Old 08-10-2011 at 11:16 AM   #6
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post

according to here:

http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/osap.html?tab=2

the last day is Sept 23. But, technically, you can pick it up any time before the end of your study period - it's just then you go to the financial aid office to pick it up. This is also stated on the site above:

"Your student loan funding is TIME SENSITIVE. All funding must be picked up and negotiated before the end of your study period as defined by OSAP."
Old 08-10-2011 at 11:45 AM   #7
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Oh, okay...yeah I guess I'll just do it ASAP but as long as you can still pick up OSAP after the 23rd of September then it should be okay.

Thanks