MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer to Life Science? lana.loh Academics 1 10-30-2014 11:03 AM
Transfer to McMaster Life Science? Please Help! lana.loh First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 10-30-2014 10:38 AM
transfer to level 3 life science sahannag Academics 1 04-21-2012 12:03 AM
Life Science Transfer Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 03-01-2012 08:14 PM

Transfer from Biotechnology to (life) Science

Old 05-17-2017 at 07:40 PM   #1
theYman

Liked: 0 Times

Transfer from Biotechnology to (life) Science
I go to into biotechnology at mac and not life sciences but since I want to pursue medical school, I think that being in a science program would benefit me more than technology. So does anyone know if I can transfer immediately or in my second year to a science related field? Thanks in advance! Also, can anyone in the technology program give me some insight into how the program is? Is anyone in B. Tech going for medical school as well?
Old 05-17-2017 at 08:44 PM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

If you didn't get an offer for Life Sciences then you can't transfer immediately. Maybe try Chemical and Physical Sciences or Math and Stats since they usually have lower entrance cutoffs than Life Science. But aren't most offers out already? Isn't it kind of late?

You can definitely transfer at the end of first year but you'd probably have to start over in Life Science as a level I student since I don't think any of your courses would transfer over as they are not listed as antirequisites in the undergraduate calendar. You can still go to medical school with this degree though. I think med schools that actually have requirements just look to see that you took a course that covered certain topics and they don't care about the depth to which you went with those courses (that's not to say that the B.Tech courses do not go in sufficient depth because I really don't know).