MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update On The MAPS Situation Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 02-13-2013 08:33 AM
So... What's going on with Mac at Google Maps? JEFF_CHAN General Discussion 21 06-04-2011 04:23 PM
Mac Eng on google maps frzntrkydnnr Computers & Tech 25 09-02-2010 11:23 PM
Google Maps Updated DavidR Computers & Tech 9 12-22-2009 06:53 PM
HSR on Google Maps! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 06-04-2009 12:45 AM

Transfer from MSU to MAPS

Old 10-07-2013 at 06:00 PM   #1
headaike

Liked: 0 Times

Transfer from MSU to MAPS
Hello,
I'm a part time student since January 2012 taking 1 to 2 courses per term for my degree completion.
This school year though (2013/2014) I'm taking 6 courses (18 units).
I want to remain a member of MAPS but I was registered in MSU instead.

I saw the Membership transfer application form at MSU website
I don't think I'm not eligable.

Bottom line is I don't need the other services offered in MSU (Bus pass, Athletics, Health etc.)
I work full time, have my own benefits and don't have time to use the other services plus the fees is high for MSU membership!! tuition is high enough.

Any help? advice??

thanks!
Old 10-07-2013 at 07:12 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

If you're not eligible for the transfer, then your only option is to decrease your courseload. MSU fees aren't optional.

headaike says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 10-08-2013 at 11:00 AM   #3
headaike

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
If you're not eligible for the transfer, then your only option is to decrease your courseload. MSU fees aren't optional.
and they can still refund me the difference? I'm taking 3 courses(9 units) this term and 3 courses(9 units) in term 2. I plan on dropping 1 of my courses in term 2.
Old 10-08-2013 at 01:26 PM   #4
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

Your best bet is to physically go to the office of the registrar and talk to them there.
(22:09:17) Entropy: k now I need someone else to fill in the void
(22:10:14) ChatBot: Desda logs into the Chat.
Old 10-08-2013 at 03:19 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

I don't know if there's a "deadline" after which you won't get a refund - you should look into it.

If you wait until term 2 I can definitely see them not giving you a refund because for all they know you've been using the bus pass and taking advantage of all the other services in term 1. I wouldn't be surprised if even now it's too late, but it's still worth looking into.

I don't think it's the registrar's office that you'd go to though since what McMaster considers a full-time student for academic purposes is different from what makes you a member of MSU vs MAPS. You should ask the MSU directly.