MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
transfer?? Ziggi Academics 4 08-17-2010 07:53 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM
Transfer Drkhan Academics 9 02-20-2010 11:49 PM

Transfer to Nursing

Old 10-17-2009 at 08:34 PM   #1
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

Transfer to Nursing
I was wondring whats the procedure for a second year life sci student to transfer to nursing. My first year GPA was a 10.5 and after my first round of mid terms my marks appear to be in that area. How difficult is it to transfer and do i have a good enough gpa?
Old 10-17-2009 at 08:53 PM   #2
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

I'd say that's a pretty decent GPA to be eligible for transfer.

You're most likely going to have to stay an extra year though because nursing courses get pretty program-specific in second year.
Old 10-17-2009 at 10:10 PM   #3
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

i dont mind having to stay an extra year, id just like to have an alternative to med school
Old 10-17-2009 at 11:18 PM   #4
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Hey, I would think your marks are pretty good! : D Good job, that's an awesome average!

But here's the info I found on the Nursign site,

What are the requirements to apply as an applicant with a university background?
Applicant must have at least 12 units (2 full credits or 4 half credits) of university work with an overall 70% average. The 12 units can be in anything, as long as they are university level courses.
Do you look at all of my university courses or just my current course work?
All of your university work will be taken into consideration. Applicants must have an cumulative GPA of 70% or higher.
How many spots are there for applicants with a university background?
There are approximately 10 spots.

There's also a supplementary application you have to do. I tried the link, but apparently the page can't be found right now.

You can definitely ask the Admissions Coordinator if you have questions though, she would know best.
Admissions Coordinator
Vicki Lewis
905.525.9140 x 22232
[email protected]

Here's the link to the nursing site: http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/nursing/educ_..._intro. shtml

My friend applied for Nursing last year, and she said all she had to do was a supplementary application or something? I'm not exactly sure about that.

I think the big thing for transfer is to Wow them with your supp app (since you've got the grades down pat : ) )
bcde713
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-18-2009 at 12:09 AM   #5
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

thanks everyone for the replies, i have contacted Vicki Lewis. Lol, i didnt know macinsiders had spam problems