MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac VS Waterloo - Which Is Better? nikhil38 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 58 05-26-2011 09:45 AM
Moving from Waterloo to Hamilton mustafa Residence & Housing 2 08-30-2010 08:40 AM
Getting from mcmaster to university of waterloo? killza Automotive & Transportation 9 02-21-2010 08:17 PM
mcmaster/hamilton to university of waterloo shleyaa General Discussion 5 11-24-2008 02:07 PM

traveling from Mac to Waterloo / UWO

Old 06-23-2011 at 12:51 AM   #1
dquest

Liked: 3 Times

traveling from Mac to Waterloo / UWO
Hey guys,

So I have some close friends going to Waterloo and UWO next year, so I was wondering if there was a simple / cheap way to get from Mac to those campuses through public transiting or something of the sort?

I've looked at GO schedules and it seems you have to go back to Mississauga before heading back to Waterloo and I didn't really understand the one to UWO...

Thanks lol
Old 06-23-2011 at 12:58 AM   #2
fusionorchid

Liked: 6 Times

Coach canada offers rides from mac campus (behind mary keyes) to kitchener. From there, you can take public transit to get to uwo. Keep in mind, coach canada is about $15/ride, but a round trip is still cheaper than taking the go bus, and it's less of a hassle.

dquest, MirandaC, Zimonada all say thanks to fusionorchid for this post.

DMe3, Sheikia like this.
Old 06-23-2011 at 01:11 AM   #3
Cuff

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Take GO Transit to get to Waterloo (cheapest, and as far as I know, the only way to get there from Mac).

Greyhound operates a route from McMaster to London's Greyhound station (about a 10 minute drive from UWO).
Old 06-23-2011 at 01:13 AM   #4
dquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionorchid View Post
Coach canada offers rides from mac campus (behind mary keyes) to kitchener. From there, you can take public transit to get to uwo. Keep in mind, coach canada is about $15/ride, but a round trip is still cheaper than taking the go bus, and it's less of a hassle.

sweet, sounds perfect! thanks!
Old 06-23-2011 at 02:03 AM   #5
DMe3

Liked: 26 Times

also there is a bus straight from Waterloo to Mac but its on Saturday at like 11 pm
Old 06-23-2011 at 11:21 PM   #6
missscarlett

Liked: 9 Times

Coach Canada, as the others have said, is probably your best option public transit wise. You can also check out the MSU rideboard/carpool zone here: https://www.msumcmaster.ca/servicesa...lInfo/home.htm
Depending on when you want to go, I'm commuting this year (I live near UW) and am looking for either or both a steady carpool buddy or people to give occasional rides to (I'd be driving). If you're looking for a lift either to the Kitchener terminal or University of Waterloo feel free to PM me.
Old 06-24-2011 at 07:32 AM   #7
Sheikia

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionorchid View Post

I took this last year to visit a friend in Waterloo for the weekend.This is a really good system. Some advice/general information:

The bus comes at a good time on Friday afternoons and drops you off right at both the Laurier and Waterloo campuses.

For going home on Sunday though, it's a bit more difficult. The bus that goes from Waterloo campus leaves at like 11:30 at night. If you want to be back at a reasonable time to Mac, you have to go from the kitchener station. You will have to take the public bus or taxi to get to the station. I took at taxi and it ended up being quite expensive (17ish dollars for a 10 minute ride?!).
Old 06-24-2011 at 07:48 AM   #8
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

About how long is the trip from Mac to Kitchener through Coach Canada? I'm looking for an alternative way to get down to Cambridge for work on the weekends (so I don't have to be as reliant on getting a ride), but I kinda need to see if it's viable time-wise first.
Old 06-24-2011 at 08:03 AM   #9
Sheikia

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimonada View Post
About how long is the trip from Mac to Kitchener through Coach Canada? I'm looking for an alternative way to get down to Cambridge for work on the weekends (so I don't have to be as reliant on getting a ride), but I kinda need to see if it's viable time-wise first.
About and hour and ten minutes.
Old 06-24-2011 at 08:36 AM   #10
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Bus fare between Mac and UWO is $18 for each way, via. greyhound. :( Anyone know of a cheaper way to manage it? GO bus doesn't go to London, sadly.
Old 06-24-2011 at 08:48 AM   #11
allstarme

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimonada View Post
Cambridge is the first stop on the Mac to Kitchener trip, iirc. I visited my friend there last year, and it took around 40 minutes.
Old 06-25-2011 at 11:36 PM   #12
awu222

Liked: 0 Times

anyone know anything about travelling to Queen's? LOL
Old 06-26-2011 at 11:24 PM   #13
BenTran

For Queens, you need to travel to Toronto Union Station VIA GO. Then head to Downtown Toronto Bus Terminal to catch MegaBus to Kingston.

awu222 says thanks to BenTran for this post.
Old 06-27-2011 at 01:31 AM   #14
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

if you book way in advance, prices in ocotober for via rail are really cheap too :p
Old 06-27-2011 at 08:46 PM   #15
awu222

Liked: 0 Times

oh thanks!! that helps a bunch haha, would you by any chance know how much it is approximately? and what's the megabus?