MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tuition payment problem (?) Niccccckkkkk Financial Aid 3 09-14-2013 07:07 PM
Tuition Payment? airvcarmelo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-25-2013 10:01 PM
Question about Tuition Payment? Rumana First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-23-2013 08:33 PM
Tuition Payment Dominique Academics 2 09-01-2008 07:47 AM
Tuition Payment Due: SEPT 1ST Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 07-29-2008 01:25 PM

tuition payment

Old 09-03-2014 at 07:36 AM   #1
eebs95

Liked: 1 Time

tuition payment
So i paid my tuition on saturday through online banking but as i checked on my bank account, it says that mcmaster received it on sept 2. Will i be charged interest for this even though i paid before the deadline?
Old 09-03-2014 at 08:48 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

No - they don't charge interest until Sept 15. However, you may be charged late fees. Payments don't get processed on weekends and holidays, therefore it's always dated the next business day - this is the standard with online banking. I'm not too sure what the rules are for late fees, though. Just check your balance in a few weeks to see if there are any extra charges, or call them.

eebs95 says thanks to starfish for this post.

Chad likes this.
Old 09-03-2014 at 05:13 PM   #3
eebs95

Liked: 1 Time

Thanks for the quick reply. Found out that it is okay to pay on the weekend since they know that it takes time for the payment to be processed.
Old 09-04-2014 at 02:47 PM   #4
Lin~

Liked: 0 Times

I made a payment through my bank's website and the money went into my student account rather than the payment agreement. Do I have to transfer it somehow into my PA or will it be done automatically?
Old 09-04-2014 at 02:53 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin~ View Post
I made a payment through my bank's website and the money went into my student account rather than the payment agreement. Do I have to transfer it somehow into my PA or will it be done automatically?
Your student account is where it's supposed to go. Your payment agreement is simply an agreement of the terms of payment.
Old 09-04-2014 at 03:08 PM   #6
Lin~

Liked: 0 Times

but it now shows a negative balance on the student account and a positive balance remaining on the PA. that's okay?
Old 09-04-2014 at 07:41 PM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

There is no "balance remaining" on the PA. It is an AGREEMENT of the amount that you will pay and the terms surrounding it. In some ways it's similar to an invoice.

On your student accounts page somewhere, it tells you what negative numbers mean - if I recall correctly, that means it's a payment. Your overall balance shouldn't be negative though, it should be zero.