MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stats 2MB3 tutorial and Math 3FF3 lecture conflict Geo 92 Academics 3 07-30-2012 09:09 PM
math 2r03 tutorial (conflict) paula112 Academics 5 06-08-2012 06:01 AM
Timetable Tutorial Conflict LivLucy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-11-2010 04:56 PM
Math 1A03 Core and Tutorial Conflict joanne_507 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-11-2010 03:43 PM
conflict ,,, raja First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-06-2009 10:36 AM

Tutorial and Lab Conflict, do I HAVE to do something about it?

Old 08-09-2012 at 07:16 PM   #1
despairless
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Tutorial and Lab Conflict, do I HAVE to do something about it?
I logged on at around 5:20 after trying near 9 hours and majority of my cores/labs/tutorials were taken. For Kinesol 1A03, there was only 3 out of 14 labs that were still available and all 3 conflicts with something on my timetable. 2 conflicts with cores and 1 conflicts with a math tutorial. I ended up choosing the lab that conflicts with the math tutorial because my session was about to time out.

Now there is a conflict with my Kinesol 1A03 lab and Math 1LS3 tutorial. The thing is, the lab is every other week so I was thinking I would go to all my labs and just go to my math tutorials every other week when there's no lab. There is no other way unless another Kinesiology student wants to trade labs. The labs that doesn't conflict with my timetable are lab 5, 6, 11, and 12, which are all full.

My question is, am I allowed to leave my timetable with a conflict? Like will the university let me do that?
If any Kin student sees this and able to trade a lab with me, PLEASE reply! I cannot thank you enough.

Thanks so much!
Old 08-09-2012 at 07:17 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Math tutorials aren't helpful. TA just stands in front of class and does textbook problems full answers. If you are using Stewart's you probably have the solutions already (if you only do odd problems)
Old 08-09-2012 at 07:25 PM   #3
despairless
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Math tutorials aren't helpful. TA just stands in front of class and does textbook problems full answers. If you are using Stewart's you probably have the solutions already (if you only do odd problems)
Lol thanks.
So is it okay that I have a conflict in my schedule and the university won't care?
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:01 PM   #4
IonicBonds

Liked: 19 Times

I can attest for the 'useless math tutorial' statement.

I'm not sure if they'll bug you about the conflict, but to play it safe, you can always move that math tutorial to another slot? I mean, if you don't plan on attending, then it doesn't really matter where you put it, does it...?
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:09 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Why did you need to change your kin lab in the first place?

And generally the Faculty of Science doesn't allow conflicts.
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:10 PM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

just throw the math tutorial somewhere else. If you can't just do it
Old 08-10-2012 at 07:14 PM   #7
despairless
Account Disabled by User

I don't think I can move the tutorial around...if I have C01, I have to have T01. Does anyone know how I can have C01 and T02 (or T03)?