MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
different tutorials Jackxer0 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-09-2010 12:05 PM
Teachers' College Anyone? Ivan Q. Academics 12 03-06-2010 12:35 AM
Tutorials Erika0909 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-17-2009 11:24 AM
Post-Graduate Series Part Two: Teachers College dreus Post-Graduate Advice Series 0 06-26-2008 07:48 PM
teachers naimaa Academics 4 08-07-2007 03:44 PM

Tutorials with Different Teachers

Old 06-29-2009 at 01:33 AM   #16
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_h216 View Post
Are tutorials optional for every class then =S?
No, just for Math 1M03 in particular.

The class syllabus will tell you whether the tutorials are mandatory or not.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:37 AM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
No, just for Math 1M03 in particular.

The class syllabus will tell you whether the tutorials are mandatory or not.
The Chem 1A03/1AA3 tutorials used to be mandatory... you have to sign up in a section now but maybe they are still mandatory. Anyways, tutorials can really help when you don't understand things and it's good when you see/hear the TA answer/solve questions. You should definitively go to tutorials in the beginning even if they are optional. If you find out that you don't really need them, then you can stop going.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-30-2009 at 01:38 AM   #18
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
The Chem 1A03/1AA3 tutorials used to be mandatory... you have to sign up in a section now but maybe they are still mandatory. Anyways, tutorials can really help when you don't understand things and it's good when you see/hear the TA answer/solve questions. You should definitively go to tutorials in the beginning even if they are optional. If you find out that you don't really need them, then you can stop going.
Yeah, really. Some of my tutorials last year were lifesavers, especially when the professor was less than... well, they just weren't great. TAs generally know their stuff, and are usually very approachable.

However... I had a couple tutorials that were a royal waste of my time. I had one who always cancelled tutorials, always let us go early, and didn't even know our names. While it sounds good for the most part, and it was in terms of being free from the wretched hour, it just wasn't helpful at all.
Old 06-30-2009 at 08:29 AM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Whoa... I must have posted this really late at night. I made a mistake. I meant to say that the Chem 1A03/1AA3 used to be optional. We didn't have to sign up for them, but now you do. But that is not to say that they aren't optional anymore.