MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone know a walking route from ancaster to mcmaster? macbaby07 General Discussion 13 05-03-2010 08:36 PM
Safety Tips When Walking Home Alone Eva C MSU & On-Campus Services 1 11-10-2008 01:50 PM
Walking Distances Sync First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-13-2008 08:47 AM

TV Show: The Walking Dead

Old 11-01-2010 at 02:25 PM   #1
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

TV Show: The Walking Dead
New show, anyone seen it?

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...e ad.cnn.html

Deegs14 says thanks to Chad for this post.

crazyfree, Deegs14, Marlowe like this.
Old 11-01-2010 at 02:32 PM   #2
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

So you liked the trailer, eh?

Yes, I've seen it. I thought it was a really great show.
I believe it was directed by the director of The Shawshank Redemption, in case anybody is interested.
I really enjoyed the beginining of the episode - I won't spoil it but it was really cool - I don't think its been done before.
Spoiler: (Highlight the grey box to see the hidden message.)
When Grimes shoots a little girl in the head

Last edited by Deegs14 : 11-01-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-01-2010 at 03:25 PM   #3
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

any show that is a tv series remake of 28 days later gets a thumbs up in my book

can never get enough zombie apocalypse action.

Old 11-01-2010 at 03:31 PM   #4
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Soooooo good!!!
I haven`t been this excited about a show in ages. And the fact that I was super excited before even seeing it, and that not only were my high expectations met, but far exceeded says just how awesome I thought it was. Like..I`m more excited about it now than I was before it started. omfg. So good..I felt like I was watching a film.
Can`t wait till next Sunday.

Also..I really like how they humanized the zombies...added a whole new level of sadness and disturbing to it. Like..I actually cried. And then felt slightly ill

Old 11-02-2010 at 10:03 PM   #5
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
any show that is a tv series remake of 28 days later gets a thumbs up in my book

It's not a remake of 28 Days Later. It's based on a comic book of the same name, written by Robert Kirkman, under the comic book company, "Image Comics".

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Soooooo good!!!
I haven`t been this excited about a show in ages. And the fact that I was super excited before even seeing it, and that not only were my high expectations met, but far exceeded says just how awesome I thought it was. Like..I`m more excited about it now than I was before it started. omfg. So good..I felt like I was watching a film.
Can`t wait till next Sunday.

Also..I really like how they humanized the zombies...added a whole new level of sadness and disturbing to it. Like..I actually cried. And then felt slightly ill
Oh, you should see the comic. It gets worse----!

Last edited by justinsftw : 11-02-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-02-2010 at 11:05 PM   #6
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Yeah. Looks awesome. Never heard of this show before thanks!
Old 11-03-2010 at 05:15 PM   #7
ZZZZZZZZ

Liked: 2 Times

i really enjoyed it and on top of that the Jericho actor is also in it.
Old 11-03-2010 at 06:14 PM   #8
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

My high expectations were also blown away- basically if this show stays as good as the pilot, it will be the best show on AMC. And considering they also have Mad Men and Breaking Bad, that's a ridiculous level of awesomeness.

And yes, Frank Darabont is the director of The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, and The Walking Dead. He also directed a lot of junk stuff, but when he's good he's very good. This looks like it will be one of his very good projects.
Old 11-03-2010 at 06:29 PM   #9
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

What sucks though, at least for me because I am hooked on this show is that this season will only last 6 episodes. It is understandable seeing as how the production value is high (it seems pretty high to me), but hopefully, seeing as how the show has 80+ comics as source value, the show will get to go on for more seasons.
Zombie movies are cool and all, but a Zombie TV show is waaaay better.
I can't wait until this Sunday!
Old 11-03-2010 at 07:11 PM   #10
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times

Blowing away my expectations for the genre. And I love zombie movies.