MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things that are annoying AelyaS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 582 12-24-2010 02:43 AM
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Ukuleles and things

Old 10-03-2010 at 09:52 PM   #1
tatski-p

Liked: 35 Times

Ukuleles and things
Hola

I'm looking to buy a ukulele and I figured, before I hit a Long & McQuade, I'd be thrifty and see if anyone was selling one of their own. I would post this in the Marketplace, but tbh the likeliness of me finding someone wanting to sell a ukulele over that medium is pretty low.

I'm looking to experiment with other instruments, too, so if you have anything vintage or funky feel free to post what you have and the price (and I'm thinking along the lines of non-tradition instruments) and we'll see if we can set something up.

And to make this post a little less self-centered, what are some of the coolest instruments you've heard of/seen/played?

Gracias - Tatjana
Old 10-03-2010 at 10:28 PM   #2
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Banjo.

If done well, it can be totally cool and non-hick
Old 10-03-2010 at 10:30 PM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

I'm pretty sure it's required by law that you can only have and play a ukulele if you're a big fat Hawaiian guy.
Old 10-08-2010 at 09:08 PM   #4
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

I am a huge fan of unique string Instruments. I currently own and am attempting to learn the obscure "Rubab", Even basic notes at Locke Street Festival during welcome week for Shinerama drew alot of confused/surprised looks at the instrument and tons of people stoppin by.

Ones I would really like to get are the Chinese Pipa(Featured in Aqueous Transmission by Incubus) and almost all of the Classical Indian ones: Sarod(Look for stuff by Amjad Ali Khan...Or a piece of perfection called this http://vimeo.com/14661382), Sitar, Tanpura, Sarangi. Also Chinese Gu Qin.

Traditional European Mandolins are pretty cool too!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 10-08-2010 at 10:07 PM   #5
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I'll sell you my air guitar for 30 bucks.