MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FREAKING OUT - Library fine of $300 !? nour.afara First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 01-12-2012 01:22 PM
Does 1280 let in underage people? Souldier General Discussion 15 10-24-2010 08:58 PM
NOTICE: Drinking water in LSB aviaf MacInsiders Announcements 24 07-20-2010 01:00 AM
Fine arts students!!? andrew22 General Discussion 6 04-09-2010 07:26 PM
Drinking in Res lorend Residence & Housing 15 08-13-2007 09:29 PM

underage drinking fine

Old 02-13-2012 at 12:20 AM   #1
alittlelamb

Liked: 0 Times

underage drinking fine
i received a drinking fine way back at the start of the year. EFRT were involved. should i expect a bill having been sent to my parents?
Old 02-13-2012 at 12:24 AM   #2
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

depends on where you have your mails sent. If its your parents house then highly likely
Old 02-13-2012 at 12:25 AM   #3
alittlelamb

Liked: 0 Times

i thought EFRT was a volunteer service? do they still bill even if an ambulance was not involved?
Old 02-13-2012 at 12:52 AM   #4
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

if there's no ambulance then i dont think you have to worry. They should have informed you after. If you are worried go and ask them to clarify.
Old 02-13-2012 at 12:55 AM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelamb View Post
i thought EFRT was a volunteer service? do they still bill even if an ambulance was not involved?
I'm fairly certain the bill the OP is referring to is the underage drinking fine...

But they will not send a bill for the ambulance if there was no ambulance involved. Also, if an ambulance is involved it's the hospital who bills you, not EFRT.
Old 02-13-2012 at 08:07 AM   #6
weownthesky

Liked: 2 Times

EFRT doesn't bill you for our service.

If you received a drinking fine, it's a part of Housing and Conference services. There's a fairly good chance they might even forget to bill you (happened to my good friend) but if they do, the fine will end up on your student account, so you'll have to pay it off if you want your marks at the end of the year. There may or may not be a paper copy sent home, but crazy idea: ask Housing Services at Common's... they don't bite!

Note for everyone else: if EFRT is seriously involved, there's a fair chance won't be getting a drinking fine for that evening. The special constables don't want people to avoid calling EFRT because they're afraid of getting in trouble when someone actually needs medical help. Co-operate with the special constables and the responders on scene and you'll likely get off with a warning.

kimzy likes this.