MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy New Years Chad MacInsiders Announcements 13 01-01-2011 08:15 PM
New Years resolutions? Rakim General Discussion 41 12-30-2010 10:15 PM
Incoming first years! zeChinaman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 09-01-2010 10:06 AM
4th years lorend Academics 0 11-10-2007 09:58 AM
First Years... get ready! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-03-2007 07:49 AM

Uni over the years.

Old 04-15-2012 at 08:09 AM   #31
dhyong

Liked: 19 Times

It isn't the same for everyone. Some people like to boast about how little sleep they got before a test, blah blah but you can easily get 7-8 hours a night, manage to workout in the morning, go to class, get work done, and socialize. Even in a specialization.

What I'm saying is, don't avoid a specialization or miss opportunities because you are afraid you can't manage your time.

Old 04-17-2012 at 10:55 PM   #32
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

You just learn how to manage your time a lot better :p
it`s the same amount of intensity, if not more!
Old 04-17-2012 at 11:28 PM   #33
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

http://mcmasterthings.tumblr .com/p...ing-for-finals

Nuff said
Old 04-18-2012 at 02:56 AM   #34
person33

Liked: 53 Times

my experience- 1st year soc sci pretty easy, tas were cool about the transition to university and werent super tough on marking papers (just my experience), 2nd year poli sci- way harder cause tas expect a lot more jumping from 1st to 2nd year, 3rd year pretty easy- got used to ta and prof expectations, 4th year- harder than 3rd due to 3 hour seminars which are mostly based on presentations and participation so for 1-2 courses per term i actually had to keep up with the weekly readings (average 20-30 pages per article 3-4 articles per week) and do papers, midterms,assignments for other courses, has probably been the most stressful of all 4 years at mac but a lot of the courses i took were pretty cool so i wouldnt change the program i decided to take
Old 04-18-2012 at 03:44 AM   #35
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Material might or might not get harder, but if you become a better student then you should be fine.

For me, the transition from first year to second year felt similar to the transition from grade eleven to grade twelve.
Old 04-18-2012 at 06:22 PM   #36
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
Material might or might not get harder, but if you become a better student then you should be fine.

For me, the transition from first year to second year felt similar to the transition from grade eleven to grade twelve.
from 10 to 11 i feel. in high school gr 11 was my hardest year
Old 04-19-2012 at 03:49 AM   #37
nessa18

Liked: 9 Times

That's what weekends are for Usually make up all the sleep you miss during the week.
Old 04-19-2012 at 04:05 AM   #38
killza

Liked: 105 Times

I did very average over the first two years and then I took a course called Human memory (psych 3vv3) in third year, subsequently, that course fit perfectly with my learning style and my intense curiosity for the human mind. I now have a direction in life. So basically, it really depends on what course you take.