MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ancaster Plaza Tim Hortons Jessicaaaa Automotive & Transportation 2 01-10-2011 08:29 PM
University Juve General Discussion 36 10-12-2010 07:08 PM
The Source at University Plaza SciMania Computers & Tech 12 03-27-2010 02:30 AM
Metro @ University Plaza MAY be closed Feb 8 2010 michelle MacInsiders Announcements 5 02-07-2010 11:52 AM
How is University? adam1993 General Discussion 42 03-11-2009 05:56 PM

university plaza

Old 08-26-2012 at 10:21 AM   #1
Awesomeness

Liked: 42 Times

university plaza
how do i get to university plaza from mcmaster via the HSR do i just take the 5 Delware? I tried looking on the HSR website and it stated that I have to transfer to the 10-B Line Express? can someone please clarify? thanks!
Old 08-26-2012 at 10:32 AM   #2
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
how do i get to university plaza from mcmaster via the HSR do i just take the 5 Delware? I tried looking on the HSR website and it stated that I have to transfer to the 10-B Line Express? can someone please clarify? thanks!
The 5B or the 10 take you direct to University Plaza. The 52 drops you across the street from it.

So basically, anything going west on Main Street gets you there.

Old 08-26-2012 at 11:14 AM   #3
apples12

Liked: 91 Times

Just the 5 should take you there. It's not too far of a walk either... in the summer.
Old 08-26-2012 at 11:24 AM   #4
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

The HSR's Route 5 is a huge mess, so be careful not to take the wrong bus.

To get to the Plaza, you'll have to walk to the stop outside of ETB on Main and take either the 52, 5B, or 10. They all stop at the Plaza so it doesn't matter which one.

The 5 and 5E are eastbound buses that stop across the street from Mac and takes you to the east side of Hamilton.

The 5A is also an eastbound bus, but it passes through campus. The 5C is westbound passes through campus, and can either take you to the West Hamilton Loop before turning around, or to Ancaster.

apples12 likes this.
Old 08-26-2012 at 04:08 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
The HSR's Route 5 is a huge mess, so be careful not to take the wrong bus.

To get to the Plaza, you'll have to walk to the stop outside of ETB on Main and take either the 52, 5B, or 10. They all stop at the Plaza so it doesn't matter which one.

The 5 and 5E are eastbound buses that stop across the street from Mac and takes you to the east side of Hamilton.

The 5A is also an eastbound bus, but it passes through campus. The 5C is westbound passes through campus, and can either take you to the West Hamilton Loop before turning around, or to Ancaster.
Yeah...basically, don't take any bus that goes directly through campus, take one that's going along Main St. And you can't just say route 5, because there's 5A, 5B, 5C, 5E (and maybe others that I'm not aware of).
Old 08-26-2012 at 07:00 PM   #6
TheCrucible

Liked: 51 Times

Yep, take any bus that's going along Main St. Be careful though, because some actually go into University Plaza while others only stop outside it (Osler & Osler I believe) before going all the way to Dundas.