MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could anyone help me with the textbook? AlicJ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-25-2013 10:02 PM
Pol Sci textbook help! commercekid14 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-13-2010 06:52 AM
buy new textbook Bodun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-30-2010 07:03 PM

Used textbook

Old 08-28-2013 at 12:20 PM   #1
Jennnnn

Liked: 4 Times

Used textbook
Hi,
Do used textbooks usually contain online programs that new textbooks have? Because I wanted to buy a used textbook but the only problem is there is an online program required for the course. I can purchase it separately but it adds up more than the package together.
Old 08-28-2013 at 12:33 PM   #2
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Some used books might have a CD or a link+password for online programs. The only problem is that some of those programs have a time limit and expire after a certain period of time. So like maybe the person before you used the program and it expired a while ago.
Check with the prof or the person who's selling the book (like tell them that you wanna try it out and see if the program still works).
Old 08-28-2013 at 04:11 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Some do most dont