MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
on the verge of a thin red line and no silver lining without any proof of pudding. jntyrhds Academics 6 01-01-2012 02:01 PM

on the verge of crying

Members have rated post #400596 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 05-02-2014 at 08:18 PM   #31
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

You guys are giving the original poster a lot of credit for the bare minimum information (which is not even verifiable) she posted.

Comparison to Olympic training, slavery and women's right? You guys should open a shop that polished coals into diamonds. The amount of wizardry is astounding.
Old 05-02-2014 at 08:35 PM   #32
Phoneup

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLyBilly View Post
Inflation? So you saying sabonator's high school mark should be even lower when inflation is taken into calculation?
When I say HS mark inflation, I mean HS marks in many cases don't give a good indication in regards to one's performance in post-secondary studies.
Old 05-02-2014 at 09:12 PM   #33
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneup View Post
When I say HS mark inflation, I mean HS marks in many cases don't give a good indication in regards to one's performance in post-secondary studies.
Seems to be a pretty good indication in this case though.
Old 05-02-2014 at 09:50 PM   #34
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

OP, I think it might be good for you to know something.

A lot of us have struggled with university, and not because we're stupid people. I have a gifted level IQ, graduated high school at 16 and consider myself fairly intelligent. My first year was worse than yours. Quite a bit worse, in fact. It happens to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons.

That said, you need to figure out why and fix it. Did you go to class? Did you hand in your assignments? Did you go to tutorial? Did you study the night before the exam?

Own your mistakes. Use them as motivation to improve yourself. They will make you a better person in the long run.

You haven't killed your chances of making your dreams come true, you may just need to take a different route and be willing to work incredibly hard. I wanted to go grad school, but my first year marks were awful. I took a second degree, and it was the best thing I ever did. I was honest with myself when I considered why I did badly at first, put in a LOT more effort and became a Dean's List student. If your grades from this degree are too low to apply for med school, take a second degree (in life sci?) and keep trying if it means that much to you.