MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Term1 can i change my courses for term 2? luxhydrus Academics 3 09-11-2010 08:17 PM
Swap 2nd term econ for 1st term mizz.s. Academics 0 08-31-2010 11:54 PM
Does anyone who has term 2 Physics 1L03 want to trade for the term 1 course? Yuls Academics 0 08-13-2010 01:42 PM
Will the first term courses be offered in second term too? nanaaoyama First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-04-2010 10:37 PM
What happens if you fail a course first term that is a prerequisite for second term? MacPack Academics 3 06-11-2010 04:44 PM

Want to change a course (Term 2), but...

Old 10-15-2009 at 10:12 PM   #1
hellonewyork

Liked: 27 Times

Want to change a course (Term 2), but...
So I've been wanting to change a term 2 course (from ENVIR SCI 1A03 to CHEM 1AA3) because I need it for most Level II programs I'm considering.
Looking at it on SOLAR, it says the cores and tutorials are available, but labs are not.
So should I still add it? Or just wait until labs are available?
Since it is required for most Level II programs, can I contact an office or someone that can just add me in?

Also, what courses are available during the summer? Just in case I can't take CHEM 1AA3 next term.
Old 10-15-2009 at 10:16 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

The course list for summer school comes out in March.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-15-2009 at 10:18 PM   #3
hellonewyork

Oh, okay. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2009 at 10:20 PM   #4
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

It should automatically section you in a lab and then you can change it later.

Lab times for 2nd term may not be worked out yet. If you want the class you should get in it.
Old 10-15-2009 at 10:39 PM   #5
hellonewyork

But I'm afraid that if I drop my ENVIR SCI 1A03 course for the CHEM 1AA3 course, and in the end there are no labs available, and want to switch back to ENVIR SCI, it will be unavailable!
Old 10-16-2009 at 09:13 AM   #6
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

I'm kind of in the same boat, I have to take chem 1AA3 for my program but I can't register for it (I was registered in it and then SOLAR unregistered me for the core labd and tutorial sections and then I had to change another course for this term so I ended up having to unregister for chem). But anyways...

At the moment you can't even sign up for Chem 1AA3 because all of the labs are showing as being full. So I would keep your enviro course for now. Also, you might be able to go talk to Jeff Landry (he's the lab coordinator for the course) he might be able to give you some info about why the labs are showing up as being full. I've been meaning to do it but just been too busy for it so far. His office is in ABB in the chem lab hall (I don't know the exact room number)

Old 10-24-2009 at 08:00 PM   #7
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

i really want in on 1st yr gerontology but its full :(... anyone plannin on droppin it give me a shout
Old 10-24-2009 at 08:13 PM   #8
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times

give the lab coordinator a visit, they can usually add you without a problem if you need it, its best to get it done before second semester starts to make it easier for them I think though.

you could always e-mail them too, they're pretty good about squeezing people in so dont worry too much
Old 10-24-2009 at 08:18 PM   #9
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellonewyork View Post
So I've been wanting to change a term 2 course (from ENVIR SCI 1A03 to CHEM 1AA3) because I need it for most Level II programs I'm considering.
Looking at it on SOLAR, it says the cores and tutorials are available, but labs are not.
So should I still add it? Or just wait until labs are available?
Since it is required for most Level II programs, can I contact an office or someone that can just add me in?

Also, what courses are available during the summer? Just in case I can't take CHEM 1AA3 next term.
Maybe you can email someone (perhaps the professors who are teaching the course) and let them know that solar is showing all components of chem 1aa3 to be available except the lab. It's usually not too hard to add an extra person for labs. I think chem 1aa3 is the type of course that would usually get offered in the summer...
Old 10-24-2009 at 08:21 PM   #10
Rob Mac

Liked: 14 Times

or just register for it cause there are going to be people that either a) drop it or
b) fail CHEM 1A03 so spots in labs will open up for you. Also you can go talk to the lab coordinator and tell him about your problem and he will (probably) open one up for you
Old 10-24-2009 at 08:40 PM   #11
hellonewyork

Hey guys,
I e-mailed the lab coordinator already and he told me to ask him to put me in the course later this semester.
Thanks for all your help!
Old 10-24-2009 at 09:12 PM   #12
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Yup, Dr. Jeff Landry is the person you need to see for all first year Chem questions (this includes Chem 1AA3) including all scheduling conflicts, concerns etc. The labs aren't closed and if you have a conflict, it is possible to switch - you just need him to formally assist you with it.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences