MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Welcome Week 2008 Day Five lorend MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-04-2008 07:21 PM
Welcome Week 2008 Day Three lorend MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-01-2008 12:55 PM
Welcome Week 2008 Day Two lorend MacInsiders Announcements 3 08-31-2008 09:02 PM
Welcome Week 2008 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 08-29-2008 10:08 AM
Welcome Week Schedule Chad General Discussion 2 09-03-2007 02:07 PM

Welcome Week 2008 Schedule

Old 08-21-2008 at 11:51 PM   #15
Kevin S.
Rigid Member

Liked: 25 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
You DON'T want to refund your macpass.. especially if you're in science. Trust me on this. TRUST!
I'll second this for Engineering as well. Faculty night was definitely worth the price, plus the res/faculty shirts, handbook and other cool swag.

Old 08-22-2008 at 01:44 AM   #16
frozenmelon

Liked: 0 Times
Can't wait to claim my Macpass, I'm guessing we won't know what's in the bag til we get it? I heard you get a laundry bag last year, and that's one of the things I can't find at IKEA or Homesense -_-'

Old 08-22-2008 at 08:24 AM   #17
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenmelon View Post
Can't wait to claim my Macpass, I'm guessing we won't know what's in the bag til we get it? I heard you get a laundry bag last year, and that's one of the things I can't find at IKEA or Homesense -_-'
Yep you get a laundry bag every year, thats what everything comes in. That bag comes in handy too! And no, you won't find out what's in it till you get it! sorry!

Old 08-22-2008 at 11:15 AM   #18
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times
err...i know i read the answer to this somewhere, but i can't find it anymore. when is the absolute last day to purchase a macpass? my friend wants to buy his on move-in day, but i wasn't sure if they were only distributing macpasses, or selling them as well.

Old 08-22-2008 at 11:18 AM   #19
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times
I believe it's Sept 2nd (first day of Welcome Week...well after Labour Day). It is definitely possible to buy it on your move-in day.

Old 08-22-2008 at 03:29 PM   #20
Julie Ella

ClubsFest on Wednesday September 3rd will defiantly be the BEST event of the week -- okay maybe I'm bias.
This year there’s 300 tables; so many that we are taking over part of the BSB lawn.
Just a note: ClubsFest is actually from 9am-3pm. {And some clubs set up as soon as 8am.}

Last edited by kokosas : 08-22-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Old 08-23-2008 at 12:34 AM   #21
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
and MacInsiders will be there!

with...free stuff!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-23-2008 at 11:57 AM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Yay Free Stuff!

Old 08-23-2008 at 03:47 PM   #23
meandmyself

do the ppl in mckay not get to see the IRIS drama b/c i dont see that residence on that schedule for sept 1

Old 08-23-2008 at 04:56 PM   #24
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Nope, all residences and SOCS see IRIS.

Chad may not have had the info for McKay, or he may have skipped over them by accident.

Either way, if you're curious about what day you go, you can ask your HPA or one of the CA's OR one of your Welcome Week reps once you move in!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-23-2008 at 07:44 PM   #25
amplified

The concert on Saturday, the Alexisonfire one says you need a valid student ID.
Does this mean people who aren't students can attend other concerts (not necessarily on WW, but say later in the year or something or go to Quarters?

Also, does this mean MacPasses will not be distributed on the Sunday move-in? The original schedule said they would be. Would this be a problem for me? Because I don't move in until Sunday and I'll probably need it to attend Monday events.

Old 08-23-2008 at 08:13 PM   #26
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

MacPasses are being distributed until Tuesday September 2nd.

Yes, non-Mac students can attend concerts, formals etc at Mac after Welcome Week. They just have to pay a higher price.

You need a valid ID to go to the concert to they can stop graduated students who no longer go to Mac from coming...think about it...it's a free concert, they need to implement some kind of rules.

Old 08-23-2008 at 08:53 PM   #27
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Ella View Post
ClubsFest on Wednesday September 3rd will defiantly be the BEST event of the week -- okay maybe I'm bias.
This year there’s 300 tables; so many that we are taking over part of the BSB lawn.
Just a note: ClubsFest is actually from 9am-3pm. {And some clubs set up as soon as 8am.}

Hey Julie Ella!! Thanks for posting, and I've updated the time to say till 3pm instead of 1pm. The FYEO guide had the incorrect time.

Old 08-23-2008 at 08:53 PM   #28
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmyself View Post
do the ppl in mckay not get to see the IRIS drama b/c i dont see that residence on that schedule for sept 1
mckay residents see the IRIS drama at 10 am, sunday august 31st

Old 08-24-2008 at 11:40 PM   #29
mizosoup

Are tutorials and labs on in the first week of class? My uni in Sydney doesn't so I was wondering if it would be the same here...

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search