MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Welcome Week 2008 Day Five lorend MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-04-2008 07:21 PM
Welcome Week 2008 Day Three lorend MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-01-2008 12:55 PM
Welcome Week 2008 Day Two lorend MacInsiders Announcements 3 08-31-2008 09:02 PM
Welcome Week 2008 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 08-29-2008 10:08 AM
Welcome Week Schedule Chad General Discussion 2 09-03-2007 02:07 PM

Welcome Week 2008 Schedule

Old 08-25-2008 at 07:51 AM   #30
Sunshine

Liked: Liked 2 Times
I move in on Saturday, but I'm not staying because I get my wisdom teeth out this week and my mom doesn't want to risk me eating the wrong foods and getting a dry socket. Is the stuff on Saturday night really important to go to? I'm living in Bates on the second floor.

Old 08-25-2008 at 10:03 AM   #31
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
I move in on Saturday, but I'm not staying because I get my wisdom teeth out this week and my mom doesn't want to risk me eating the wrong foods and getting a dry socket. Is the stuff on Saturday night really important to go to? I'm living in Bates on the second floor.
Not really, I mean it's not going to ruin your welcome week or anything, you'll just meet people a bit later than everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizosoup View Post
Are tutorials and labs on in the first week of class? My uni in Sydney doesn't so I was wondering if it would be the same here...
No, tutorials and labs usually start the following week since classes start on a thursday and they want everyone to have the same number of labs/tutorials in a year. That and they usually don't have them all completely set up.

Old 08-25-2008 at 10:18 AM   #32
**jewel 03**

hey just wondering on Sunday, how does the Carnival work is it like a drop in type event like most carnival or? As well what is the IRIS drama all about? the reason I am asking is there is a family event I have to go to at like 12 or so and will only be back in time for the MAC connector at 6 pm

Old 08-25-2008 at 10:24 AM   #33
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
Carnival is kind of like a drop in although we will be taking students at the beginning and bringing whoever is still there back at the end.

IRIS is a student run drama that is put on every year. If you miss it... well it's not a huge deal. MacConnector is really fun so make it back for that!!

Old 08-25-2008 at 10:38 AM   #34
**jewel 03**

oh ok thanks so 2 hours is enough time to enjoy the carnival right?

Old 08-25-2008 at 11:26 AM   #35
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
So, should I choose to go to IRIS or Carnival?

Old 08-25-2008 at 11:36 AM   #36
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
So, should I choose to go to IRIS or Carnival?
Err, not really a choice you have to make. It's up to your HPA who will have been assigned times to go to both.

Old 08-25-2008 at 12:12 PM   #37
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Hmmm, ok.

Old 08-25-2008 at 12:44 PM   #38
deadpool
X-Man

haha don't worry. We do the hard thinking, you guys get to relax and have fun.

Chad says thanks to deadpool for this post.

Old 08-26-2008 at 12:28 PM   #39
asimonik

Liked: 0 Times
If we move in Saturday, what sort of stuff do we do for residence activities?

Old 08-26-2008 at 02:30 PM   #40
deadpool
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimonik View Post
If we move in Saturday, what sort of stuff do we do for residence activities?
it's residence specific.

Old 08-27-2008 at 08:35 AM   #41
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Which means each res will be doing something different. Also, some co-residences (MKB [Keyes & Bates], MaMoWa [Mathews, Moulton, Wally], McHedden [Hedden & McKay], Prince Ed [Edwards and Les Prince], and Whidstock [Whidden & Woodstock]) may be doing combined activities too.

Unfortunately that information isn't available to us...you have to wait and see!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-27-2008 at 12:40 PM   #42
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Those are pretty awesome name combinations XD

Old 08-28-2008 at 11:13 PM   #43
hello395

I'm going to be moving into rez a couple of days late, so I'm going to have to move things in myself. So I was wondering how I will be able to move my stuff in if there are activities happening in the residence buildings. Will it be a problem? I mean, I don't want to start moving things in when people are already into the activities.
Also, do I need to inform anyone from my rez building about my late move-in or is it okay if I inform the rez admissions people?

Old 08-30-2008 at 02:03 AM   #44
eycc11

Liked: 7 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shine View Post
I'm going to be moving into rez a couple of days late, so I'm going to have to move things in myself. So I was wondering how I will be able to move my stuff in if there are activities happening in the residence buildings. Will it be a problem? I mean, I don't want to start moving things in when people are already into the activities.
Also, do I need to inform anyone from my rez building about my late move-in or is it okay if I inform the rez admissions people?
It should be fine as long as you've contacted the Res Admissions Office.

The activities usually don't happen within the residence buildings (unless the building has a huge room in the basement like Moulton), so it should not interfere with your move-in.

Chad all say thanks to eycc11 for this post.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search