MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TWO Concerts Coming Up! (one is free!) msuevents MacInsiders Announcements 4 09-16-2010 12:19 AM
Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B Concerts?!? mcmastergcdb Music 25 08-26-2010 09:59 PM
Welcome Week Concerts 2009 Gibson General Discussion 144 08-21-2009 11:34 AM
Summer Concerts sinthusized General Discussion 34 06-04-2009 02:18 PM

welcome week concerts

Old 08-09-2008 at 11:31 PM   #16
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

lmaooo that's funny. nice to knwo about western! i always wondered.

and dvy! i cant believe they did that geez lol

and yeah the ppl i know that are going to western are.. shall we say, very "western"-looking according to your descriptions
Old 08-10-2008 at 12:19 AM   #17
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

well on welcome day the one girl i was talking to said alexisonfire was playing, so, if thats true, ****ing amazing cuz i love alexis!!!
Old 08-10-2008 at 11:37 AM   #18
neff

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by neff View Post
when i was at the mission to mac presentation in kingston they said that tokyo police club and alexisonfire where playing, and then in the maccess granted booklet it says that dragonnet and thunderhiest are playing for the social sci faculty
does social sci really get their own concert thou?
Old 08-11-2008 at 05:15 PM   #19
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

The Student Union is contractually bound to keep the bands who are playing a secret until the 5th of August.

With that being said... yes to Tokyo Police Club. No comment to Saturday.

For Soc Sci faculty night, they are bringing in two bands which I have been told are good, as neff has mentioned. To answer the question: Social Science is a huge faculty and the endowment they get from their faculty, and from MacPass sales are big enough to book out Baranga's and bring out a couple bands. If you are in other faculties, don't feel too bad because your planners have been hard at work at other great things for Faculty night. Just buy your MacPass so that they can cover costs haha.

And for the Western thing. They like to think they are a crazy party school... they just have a bigger school so it seems that way. My personal opinion (and experiences... and .. lifestyle... ..) is that Western kids can nay party as hard as Mac kids do. We just tend to also manage to do more academic stuff.

With that being said, partying in Western is fun, even with the stereotypical Western girls. And for those who think people are joking about those... no. Not one bit.
Old 08-12-2008 at 09:24 AM   #20
tam123
Sci-co Rep

Liked: 1 Time

heh i know whos playin this year.....but as deadpool said, i cant really divulge it heh....sorry guys
Old 08-12-2008 at 12:48 PM   #21
deadpool
X-Man

How the hell does everyone know.

I feel as if this is my fault in some way...
Old 08-12-2008 at 01:36 PM   #22
sokolon

just spill it, mind as well. We all wanna brag to our friends!
Old 08-12-2008 at 02:17 PM   #23
zango
Elite Member

haha common, alexisonfire and tokyo police club, if its true, AMAZING.
Old 08-12-2008 at 04:11 PM   #24
Alvand

Liked: 39 Times

can't wait for tokyo police club even though i dont listen to them... my brother does and i've heard some of their songs and they sound like the kind of band you would want to play at your frosh week lol if that makes any sense... not too pumped on alexisonfire though. i'm pretty sure western is having illscarlet.
Old 08-12-2008 at 04:22 PM   #25
mgallant

Liked: 7 Times

did you just say common?

as in... chicago hip hop artist common?

*blink*

that would be AMAZING. on top of TPC (and alexis too..)

..wow.

i hope i didn't misinterpret your post.
Old 08-12-2008 at 04:41 PM   #26
zango
Elite Member

wow lol, sorry, i meant, common, as in, come on, haha, sorry!
Old 08-12-2008 at 06:50 PM   #27
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

I got this facebook message this morning...

Hi Everyone!

Sadly the summer is coming to a close.... but that means some AWESOME events around the corner!

Before I release all the official details on Welcome Week events (the bands, the comedians, etc), I need to see 1500 people in this group... so please invite your friends to attend.

The rumours have been flying around about who the bands are.. so I'm not going to officially confirm who it is until 1500 people are in the group. AND.. I have one VERY special surprise for upper year students at this year's frosh week..... again - not announced until we get 1500 people!

Enjoy the last few weeks!

Campus Events Team

This was from the McMaster University Campus Events group on facebook. We need a little less than 300 more people, so join and officially find out who the WW bands are going to be.
Old 08-12-2008 at 10:40 PM   #28
tam123
Sci-co Rep

Liked: 1 Time

deadpool: everyone doesnt know, i just got....hookups since ive been a rep for so long
Old 08-12-2008 at 11:09 PM   #29
shaiya08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvy88 View Post

its harder for people to fit in there unless you're white, rich, fashionable and preppy. can you say cliquey? its also the only school that i know that rejects students based on their international status.. thats my main beef with them.. grrr. i went to a freaking ontario secondary school for all 4 years.. graduated with a 90%+ average.. but nooo... they rejected my application because im not canadian.. and honestly.. who the hell limits international applicants to NURSING programs?? there is a shortage of nurses in canada! grrr.
WOW ! I never knew about this. It's ridiculous. Don't worry ! Show them you're wayyyyy smarter than those "F"esterners . LOL
Old 08-13-2008 at 02:52 PM   #30
deadpool
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam123 View Post
deadpool: everyone doesnt know, i just got....hookups since ive been a rep for so long
I'm going to blame Temara for this.