MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EXCHANGE: The Experience MacAbroad MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-16-2010 03:34 PM
Orgo Experience sycoman Academics 10 01-30-2010 01:28 AM
CA experience sycoman Residence & Housing 12 06-02-2009 09:16 PM

Well that was easily the most frustrating experience of my life

Old 06-14-2011 at 04:01 AM   #16
musicislife

Liked: 10 Times

Bio 2C03 is only available in first term..my mock timetable definitely didn't look like this.

I just finished picking all my courses. This was hell on earth. MUGSI crashed, my internet was down for an hour, I got in at 4:30 AM. As I was picking, I got bumped out at least 8 different times while I was clicking on the last course. My french electives are full, and the department expressly says that it won't open spots. FML and screw MUGSI/SOLAR.

/endrant
Old 06-14-2011 at 04:50 AM   #17
oxelhs

Liked: 11 Times

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... ..i got in just now and I can only choose my core bio courses and orgo both terms. Psych 2TT3 is full...STATS 2B03 is full....MUSIC is obviously full and so is english for the entire year...stats is a required course but its full wtf do i do?
Old 06-14-2011 at 06:03 AM   #18
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

dam this.. same here lexo.... i only managed to get really 4 of my 9 required courses, everything else is full...and there are no decent electives left... i swear right now the only option i have is to take random courses from earth sci, and astron and wat not... things which are irrelavent, unimportant, uninteresting, and highly unwanted to me . @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@
Old 06-14-2011 at 07:27 AM   #19
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillCampbell View Post
Mentioning that God forsaken course is likely to get you submitted by a flying triangle choke.

Seriously, how did a genius like me only get a 3?

that was the easiest physics course of my academic career. kinda went downhill after that....

Anyways if phys 1b03 is full , then it is because first years get first pick for the course and you have to wait till their registration period is over till it opens. Either way send a mail to the prof hosting the course and ask if you can enroll.

Purple2309 says thanks to thedog123123 for this post.
Old 06-14-2011 at 07:37 AM   #20
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

Same here - I got onto SOLAR just before 2am and felt like I'd won a prize until I tried to get the courses I need/want. 2 of 8 reqs were available, none of the electives I'd actually wanted. The new Soc Sci courses were of course full.

Stupid City, welcome to it.
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:16 AM   #21
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Welcome to the jungle.

you just got seriously lucky last year, that's all.
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:26 AM   #22
dumbconsumer

Liked: 80 Times

Yea in first year, I got all of the courses I wanted, so I was naive enough to think that having 5 backup courses for each semester will do. WRONGGGGGGG

I only have two electives to pick, and within those I went through a billion choices to eventually pick 2 that I had never even considered before last night. I'm going to keep checking daily for spots and whatnot, but yea, last night was a bit of a shock personally.
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:27 AM   #23
Purple2309

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbconsumer View Post
Yea in first year, I got all of the courses I wanted, so I was naive enough to think that having 5 backup courses for each semester will do. WRONGGGGGGG

I only have two electives to pick, and within those I went through a billion choices to eventually pick 2 that I had never even considered before last night. I'm going to keep checking daily for spots and whatnot, but yea, last night was a bit of a shock personally.
Well said. Totally agree with you.
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:29 AM   #24
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt93 View Post
For some odd magical reason last year when I chose courses my course registration was as smooth as could be. Went on mugsi at like 11:40 and then got on Solar and 12:00, chose all my courses within 10 minutes and even got in to Kin 1Y03/1YY3 with no problem.

I had been reading about people complaining about mugsi/solar and I knew tonight wasn't going to be easy but OH MY GOD. That was HELL. I got into mugsi 11:50 and then solar was down, got kicked off of mugsi tried again till 2:30 finally got on. Stats 2B03 and Psych 2AP3 both full...and psych was a course I was super excited about, I will still try to get it over the summer, same with Stats. I am extremely drained and sad and mad and tired and kinda relieved it's over for the most part.

Anyways please feel free to vent here if you would like. I hope you had an easier time!
Wow, exact experience as me...First year was flawless...got all the courses I wanted in one try...This year, I didn't get on until 2:00, and by then two electives that I wanted to take were all full...UGHHHHHHHHHHHH H
Old 06-14-2011 at 09:55 AM   #25
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

damn i gotta pick my courses tonight :/
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:20 AM   #26
Mohit
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 25 Times

exact same thing happened to me mathew
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:32 AM   #27
anaC

Liked: 1 Time

i got in at 2 AM and 5 of my courses were full. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE.
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:01 PM   #28
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Yeah, probably last year most of the first years did not know what was up, meanwhile keeners like us were super stoked on choosing courses and checking macinsiders for tips. Or that's just me..
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:06 PM   #29
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaC View Post
i got in at 2 AM and 5 of my courses were full. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE.
You're in the biggest program at Mac. It's very possible.