MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
residence GraceChoi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-21-2010 12:27 PM
Residence Rep loats14 Residence & Housing 6 01-27-2010 04:14 PM
Most embarrassing moments manu General Discussion 43 01-05-2010 05:06 PM
Favorite TV Moments lawleypop General Discussion 38 09-07-2009 09:21 AM
Residence Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-03-2008 07:48 AM

What were your best/awkward residence or Mac moments?

Old 09-26-2009 at 03:06 PM   #16
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Sex? I'm thinking that's the reason...
LOL

Yeah guise! Free love! :p
Old 09-26-2009 at 03:56 PM   #17
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

I think the worst part about last year was studying for exams and all you hear in your roomates room is: yes yes ohhhhh yes god yes.
Old 09-26-2009 at 05:31 PM   #18
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Sex? I'm thinking that's the reason...
Ye, but it's not exactly like a school full of ~10 000 young people of the opposite sex who now live outside their parents circle of influence are particularly hard to get into bed in any situation.

I dunno, maybe having standards and not enjoying STIs isn't a trait all men share...
Old 09-26-2009 at 06:51 PM   #19
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
I think the worst part about last year was studying for exams and all you hear in your roomates room is: yes yes ohhhhh yes god yes.
Ah, Sorry about that.
Old 09-26-2009 at 08:26 PM   #20
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
To this day I can't understand the logic of a guy/girl that goes home with someone they meet at a club, and this is coming from someone who's not especially moral
Well Isn't that the pattern? Pre Drink- Go to Quarters...stand in a line...see girls all around you in skimpy clothes/Girls in a huddle checking out guys they might fancy....go in drink some more...hence lower your levels of moral and rational judgment....leave with a complete stranger/vague acquaintance....Suffe r a hangover and feel like shit the other day....with a good chance of STI's and/or Pregnancy......anddd in the entierity spend over $50-100 on drinks....

I dunno I guess I am from another culture but I simply don't get the point of all of this. Its apparently called "having a good time on the weekend"

Really?

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 09-26-2009 at 09:00 PM   #21
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

When I was in first year I lived in Hedden...one weekend night, my neighbours decided to bring their friends over. They were drunk and decided to sit outside our "cove" and chat there. I could hear them talking to one of the guys living down the hall and one of them loudly said the guy was cute, then another said the guy could hear them. Crazy girls.
Old 09-26-2009 at 10:07 PM   #22
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieeeeeee View Post
When I was in first year I lived in Hedden...one weekend night, my neighbours decided to bring their friends over. They were drunk and decided to sit outside our "cove" and chat there. I could hear them talking to one of the guys living down the hall and one of them loudly said the guy was cute, then another said the guy could hear them. Crazy girls.
Haha
Old 09-26-2009 at 10:08 PM   #23
tamneet

Liked: 0 Times

During first year I lived in Keyes and we had a big post Chem midterm party/ My birthday/ My roommates bday in 1 day party....by the end of the night, needless to say we were all mashed and were all dancing and then my 2 roommates - both girls - started to make out in the middle of our common. It was the most awkward moment I have ever been a part of. To make it even more weird, one of them had a boyfriend that was also at the party. We never spoke about that incident ever again and after that incidence I kept my distance from the both of them:p
Old 09-26-2009 at 10:11 PM   #24
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamneet View Post
During first year I lived in Keyes and we had a big post Chem midterm party/ My birthday/ My roommates bday in 1 day party....by the end of the night, needless to say we were all mashed and were all dancing and then my 2 roommates - both girls - started to make out in the middle of our common. It was the most awkward moment I have ever been a part of. To make it even more weird, one of them had a boyfriend that was also at the party. We never spoke about that incident ever again and after that incidence I kept my distance from the both of them:p
Hahaha, Wow. Omg.
Old 09-26-2009 at 10:25 PM   #25
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamneet View Post
by the end of the night, needless to say we were all mashed and were all dancing and then my 2 roommates - both girls - started to make out in the middle of our common.

Daaammmnnn lol
Old 09-26-2009 at 11:36 PM   #26
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
Daaammmnnn lol
Haha, I know! That kinda scares me, seeing that I'm on an all-girls floor
Old 09-27-2009 at 10:50 AM   #27
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Ye, but it's not exactly like a school full of ~10 000 young people of the opposite sex who now live outside their parents circle of influence are particularly hard to get into bed in any situation.

I dunno, maybe having standards and not enjoying STIs isn't a trait all men share...

I don't condone the behaviour at all, but casual sex doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't using condoms, contraceptives, or getting tested regularly (Note: When a girl goes in for her yearly pap, at most clinics they automatically do an STI check if they're sexually active). In terms of getting tested, men are more of an issue :\

Last edited by Lij : 09-27-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2009 at 11:15 AM   #28
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

when my roomate leaved my door unlocked... I came back to find all stuff had been robbed. It looked like I had moved out. They only left textbooks and school stuff. It turns out they just moved all my stuff a couple doors down.
Old 09-27-2009 at 12:09 PM   #29
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

We had a floor 'watching football game night' or something like that, and for some reason all the people came (they were more into getting hammered in their own cliques/groups of friends on the floor).... they spiked the punch (which i didn't mind!) but the CA didnt know, and he was this super religious guy and didnt drink or anything... and totally had like 3 glasses.

He just kept turning redder and redder asking if anyone else thought the punch tasted funny... haha he got all giggly XD
Old 09-28-2009 at 03:45 PM   #30
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I don't condone the behaviour at all, but casual sex doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't using condoms, contraceptives, or getting tested regularly (Note: When a girl goes in for her yearly pap, at most clinics they automatically do an STI check if they're sexually active). In terms of getting tested, men are more of an issue :\
To each his/her own... if you're not into that lifestyle then you don't have to participate... Like Jay said, it's more than possible to do it "safely" (ie use condoms/contraceptives/regular testing).

I've never been into that sort of thing either, but I'm also the type that prefers being in a committed relationship.

~*Sara*~ likes this.