MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Jet Cafe - all day breakfast and specials broval2002 Restaurants & Food Reviews 0 03-14-2010 11:21 AM
FarmVille/YoVille/Rollercoasterworld/Cafe World WTH? huzaifa47 Gaming 12 10-19-2009 09:14 PM
Math Cafe jade177 Academics 1 09-23-2009 12:06 AM
Thode Cafe Open! KristaG General Discussion 2 11-25-2008 05:17 PM
Name our new library cafe and win an iPod Nano! KristaG General Discussion 0 09-09-2008 03:06 PM

Westdale Cafe

Westdale Cafe
Published by lorend
11-30-2009
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Author review
Quality Of Food
70%70%70%
Prices
70%70%70%
Atmosphere
80%80%80%
Service
80%80%80%
Overall Experience
70%70%70%
Average 74%
Westdale Cafe

Located on King Street in Westdale. The cafe opened in November 2009. They serve a variety of hot drinks, food, and dessert.

I got a turkey panini (meat, cranberry mayo, cheese, lettuce, mustard) with a giant pickle as well as an orange juice (bottled) and it cost me about $12.00. It was really good, but I'm not sure if it was worth quite that much.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Westdale Cafe!

Old 12-01-2009 at 05:59 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member
Program: Cognitive Science of Language
Year: Fourth

Liked: 196 Times
Wow that sounds a bit overpriced... did it taste good though?
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 02-17-2010 at 07:17 PM   #3
cowpuppy
Program: Engineering (General)
Year: First

Liked: 14 Times
How giant was said pickle?
Old 02-12-2011 at 10:30 PM   #4
Pangea2050
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1 Time
Worst cafe ever. I got kicked out for eating a banana. yes a banana. apparently it's 'illegal' to bring outside food into restaurants in Canada, because its not 'sanitary'. Yep, that's what the manager told me. I guess she makes her employees starve during their shifts.

merc67 likes this.

Old 04-10-2011 at 10:54 AM   #5
Kathy2
Elite Member
Year: Other

Liked: 529 Times
I went to the Westdale Cafe the other day. I got a hotdog and a bottle of pop. It cost about $5. The only reason I got the hotdog is because everything else on the menu was ridiculously overpriced. There wasn't a sandwich under $6.

The presentation was very nice - I got packets of condiments, with little containers of onions and tomatos. I thought it was cute. It tasted great and the old-style Coke bottle was a nice touch. The guy who served me (the cashier) was very friendly.

My problem is with the manager. There was a guy sitting at the table next to us, and I guess he had been there for a while. The manager walked by his table and put a piece of paper next to him, which said something like "WE HAVE A 45 MINUTE LIMIT FOR ALL CUSTOMERS". She didn't say a word to him - she just put the paper on the table and left. It was very uncomfortable.
What really bothered me (besides the fact that the place wasn't busy AT ALL), was that she had taken up 3 seats on the table next to us with her laptop, papers and bag. It looked like she was doing paperwork for the restaurant. Normally I wouldn't care, but to kick out a customer for taking up a seat too long, when she was taking up 3 seats for bookkeeping? I just can't wrap my head around that.

The food was good and I loved the presentation, but I won't be going back to a place that treats customers like that.
Old 04-10-2011 at 02:38 PM   #6
guest_295
Happy and Helpful
Program: Kinesiology
Year: Other
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 14 Times
There is ALWAYS a table full of papers.. its like they dont have their own office space..

I was eating my sandwhich (OVERPRICED) next to the employees work schedule file....
Old 04-10-2011
ramsamp
This message has been removed by a moderator. .

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search