MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Captial Punishment - The Death Penalty Chris23 General Discussion 16 07-26-2012 01:10 AM
Last day to drop courses without financial penalty fatcat General Discussion 2 06-12-2012 09:17 PM
Financial penalty for cancelling course Mr.Prodigy Academics 2 05-22-2012 07:47 PM
Financial Penalty - HOW Much is it?? Davok First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 05-15-2011 12:35 PM
Signing up for 5 courses, collecting OSAP, Dropping a course...is there a penalty? sinthusized Financial Aid 0 08-19-2010 10:08 PM

Whats a NO-SHOW penalty?

Old 09-02-2012 at 11:23 PM   #1
lalalola2011

Liked: 4 Times

Whats a NO-SHOW penalty?
So yeah What is it? do i get fined/does it look bad on my record/will people be able to see it?
Old 09-02-2012 at 11:57 PM   #2
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I actually have no idea what that is. Did you show up late for move-in or something?
Old 09-02-2012 at 11:58 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

no show penalty for what? I assume you just get charged if you order something/reserve something and don't get it/pick it up
Old 09-03-2012 at 12:36 AM   #4
lalalola2011

Oh umm no i got an email from SAS cuz i registered for two events that are going on for welcome week and it said specifically that if i dont unregister for it before 9 am a No-show penalty would be on ur record

this is what it said:

Dear Student, This is a reminder that you have registered for an event with the Student Success Centre. You can view the details of this event by logging into OSCARplus (www.oscarplusmcmaster .ca) Note As per McMaster's Accountability Policy, you may de-register online up to 24 hours prior to the event. If you need to cancel the day of the event, please contact the Student Success Centre 905-525-9140 ext. 24254. Cancellations received after 9 am. the day of an on-campus activity, will result in a No-Show penalty on your record. Thank-you, The Student Success Centre team!
Old 09-03-2012 at 12:41 AM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalola2011 View Post
Oh umm no i got an email from SAS cuz i registered for two events that are going on for welcome week and it said specifically that if i dont unregister for it before 9 am a No-show penalty would be on ur record

this is what it said:

Dear Student, This is a reminder that you have registered for an event with the Student Success Centre. You can view the details of this event by logging into OSCARplus (www.oscarplusmcmaster .ca) Note As per McMaster's Accountability Policy, you may de-register online up to 24 hours prior to the event. If you need to cancel the day of the event, please contact the Student Success Centre 905-525-9140 ext. 24254. Cancellations received after 9 am. the day of an on-campus activity, will result in a No-Show penalty on your record. Thank-you, The Student Success Centre team!
After some quick searching: http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/...guidelines.pdf

Quote:
This policy comes into effect when a pre-registered student does not honour the
registration commitment. Students who fail to attend the activity in which they have
registered will be subject to the following repercussions:

1st Occurrence Student is Flagged in OSCARplus at first occurrence. Email
sent to students by participating campus office.

2nd Occurrence Student is Flagged in OSCARplus. A customized email will
be sent by the participating campus office outlining the
repercussions of a third no-show occurrence.

3rd Occurrence Student is Removed/Disallowed from participation in any
OSCARplus-related activity for the remainder of the
academic year.

Students will regain access to registration for all on-campus activities in September of
the following academic year.

lalalola2011 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 09-03-2012 at 12:48 AM   #6
lalalola2011

Oh wow... thanks! lol