MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Party residences? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 27 04-12-2012 05:59 PM
Bathrooms jenpower McKay Hall Forum 20 09-13-2011 04:24 PM
Communal Bathrooms cyboug Residence & Housing 11 08-25-2011 01:47 PM
are they still checking id in residences? macbaby07 Residence & Housing 5 09-10-2009 05:59 PM

Which Mcmaster residences have private and common bathrooms?

Old 05-16-2012 at 02:54 PM   #1
Unregistered

Which Mcmaster residences have private and common bathrooms?
How should I fill out my application so I get the residence with the private bathrooms?

Which buildings have the lifestyle themes? Do any of these residences have private bathrooms?

How bad are common bathrooms?? I remember going to Island school and having common bathrooms... worst experience of my life!! How are the showers like? Are they like individual stalls with curtains or what??

What are your experiences with common bathrooms??

When I say private bathrooms I mean the ones like at home with a toilet shower sink all in one room. I think Mckay has those type of bathrooms but outside their rooms (unlike les prince i think), I'm okay with that which other residence have it like that?? And which residences have it like Les prince??

Am I over exagerrating this??

Last edited by Leeoku : 05-16-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2012 at 03:00 PM   #2
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

Hedden has private bathrooms as well but I've been told from people who had public bathrooms got used to it and didn't mind in the end.
Old 05-16-2012 at 03:09 PM   #3
Unregistered

Oh ok that's 3 buildings I know so far with private bathrooms! Were you in residence? Which residence were you in and what was the pro and con of your residence?
Old 05-16-2012 at 03:12 PM   #4
sinnersdrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh ok that's 3 buildings I know so far with private bathrooms! Were you in residence? Which residence were you in and what was the pro and con of your residence?
I was in Hedden and enjoyed it a lot. The double rooms were pretty big and nice in my opinion and I liked the fact that right outside my room was 3 private bathrooms so I never had to wait for people. The only thing I didn't think was a good idea was that the left and right wing were secluded from one another and people generally stuck to their own wing but it depends on each person.
Old 05-16-2012 at 03:13 PM   #5
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Whidden is like this. 2 rooms per wing are a single with their own bathroom. The floor also has public bathrooms. Hope that helps.
Old 05-16-2012 at 03:15 PM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnersdrown View Post
I was in Hedden and enjoyed it a lot. The double rooms were pretty big and nice in my opinion and I liked the fact that right outside my room was 3 private bathrooms so I never had to wait for people. The only thing I didn't think was a good idea was that the left and right wing were secluded from one another and people generally stuck to their own wing but it depends on each person.
How did you fill out the lifestyle theme section?? Should I put not interested for all of them?
Old 05-16-2012 at 03:38 PM   #7
sinnersdrown

I didn't put anything but it's all based on luck. If you're very adamant on getting bathroom then you could try and put your preference of double with washroom as first.