MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electives!!! shadfan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 06-30-2011 01:32 PM
Electives Prabh Academics 2 06-18-2010 12:20 AM
Toronto Maple Leafs vs Buffalo Sabres -- Pair of Tickets for SALE!!! ahmedsu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 12-16-2009 02:27 PM
electives jade177 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-25-2008 10:02 AM
FOUND - Pair of concert tickets kayleech General Discussion 1 01-13-2008 03:33 PM

Which pair of electives should I take?

Old 07-01-2011 at 11:00 PM   #1
Hemisha

Liked: 0 Times

Which pair of electives should I take?
First post, so hopefully I'm doing this right lmao.

I have the typical life sci schedule and the two electives I'm registered for right now are Kin 1Y03 and Econ 1B03. I'm just wondering whether I should take both kins instead since I want to try to transfer into health sci 2nd year (hopefully) and apparently taking them now will help me if I do successfully transfer. Even if I don't get in, kinesiology seems like an interesting course so I don't think I'll regret taking it.

At the same time, econ IS a bird course and since I completed HL IB economics, it will probably be a review for the most part = good marks. If I do switch to 2 kin courses though, I can get transfer credits for econ instead. There's also a new course being offered this year (Hlth Sci 1PA3) which will be useful if I want to do biochem next year.

So basically I'm deciding between these 3 options:
1. stick with Kin 1Y03 + Econ 1B03
2. Kin 1Y03 + 1YY3
3. Kin 1Y03 + Hlth Sci 1PA3

Sorry for making this long, I just need extra opinions before my SOLAR days run out haha thanks
Old 07-01-2011 at 11:05 PM   #2
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisha View Post
First post, so hopefully I'm doing this right lmao.

I have the typical life sci schedule and the two electives I'm registered for right now are Kin 1Y03 and Econ 1B03. I'm just wondering whether I should take both kins instead since I want to try to transfer into health sci 2nd year (hopefully) and apparently taking them now will help me if I do successfully transfer. Even if I don't get in, kinesiology seems like an interesting course so I don't think I'll regret taking it.

At the same time, econ IS a bird course and since I completed HL IB economics, it will probably be a review for the most part = good marks. If I do switch to 2 kin courses though, I can get transfer credits for econ instead. There's also a new course being offered this year (Hlth Sci 1PA3) which will be useful if I want to do biochem next year.

So basically I'm deciding between these 3 options:
1. stick with Kin 1Y03 + Econ 1B03
2. Kin 1Y03 + 1YY3
3. Kin 1Y03 + Hlth Sci 1PA3

Sorry for making this long, I just need extra opinions before my SOLAR days run out haha thanks
1) Don't worry about your SOLAR period running out, it'll open up again on July 11th for all students to make changes.

2) I'm transferring from Life Sci --> Health Sci this year as well so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask or PM me.

3) Taking KIN 1Y03 and 1YY3 won't really "help" you in transferring. The only thing that will change is that you won't need to take the two anatomy classes next year, which IMO are some of the best courses of the second year of the program (although I haven't taken them yet).

4) If you are interested in Biochem, taking HTH SCI 1PA3 might be a good way to see if you actually enjoy the material/concepts.

5) Take what you think you'll enjoy the most.