Whidden '08 Chad Whidden Hall Forum 51 09-05-2008 03:34 PM
Whidden Hall '07 lorend Whidden Hall Forum 26 07-02-2008 05:39 PM

Whidden 2012?!

Old 06-27-2012 at 09:42 AM   #1
sumxo

Liked: 0 Times

Whidden 2012?!
Hey guys!

I just got assigned to Whidden, fourth flooor and am wondering who else is going there?
I havent heard much about whidden yet, so feeel free to introduce yourself and even whidden itself

thanksss!
Old 06-27-2012 at 11:15 AM   #2
spionee

Liked: 1 Time

Hey i'm in life sci too! But i'm on 2nd floor whidden, not fourth.

IRow_63 likes this.
Old 06-27-2012 at 02:06 PM   #3
sumxo

Hey!

awesome, im in a double though what about you?
Old 06-27-2012 at 02:24 PM   #4
spionee

I got a single!
Old 06-27-2012 at 02:31 PM   #5
sumxo

so lucky!

Last edited by sumxo : 06-27-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-27-2012 at 05:41 PM   #6
redasangay

I lived in Whidden first-year and I'm living in it again second year on the third floor, if you have any questions, give me a shout

sumxo says thanks to redasangay for this post.
Old 06-27-2012 at 06:59 PM   #7
sumxo

How was your experience in whidden first year?
Old 06-27-2012 at 07:08 PM   #8
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

Lived in Whidden last year too. It was awesome. If anyone has 106, you officially have the biggest double at Whidden

sumxo says thanks to TheBrickWall for this post.
Old 06-27-2012 at 09:20 PM   #9
redasangay

My experience was great. I lived in 339 in a bunk & loft with two roommates. I think I'll break everything down:

Room:
I was definitely disappointed I did not get a single but the triples aren't bad, they give you a lot of space to keep your things and you also get a free refrigerator too! It can get cluttered but a little regular cleaning helps.

Roommates:
Unless you have a single, you will have to deal with roommates. I've met many who absolutely adore their roommates (and even room with them off-campus the following year. That being said, my roommates got along great with each other but their interests greatly clashed with mine. It does get awkward if you don't get along with your roommates but it's an experience I still wouldnt trade for anything.

Building:
The building is shaped like a giant Y with the center housing a common room with cable TV. There are three dorm bathrooms on every floor ( I believe two for girls and one for guys). The three wings are colour coded to be yellow, orange or blue. Also, each floor has a kitchnette with a toaster, kettle, microwave, oven and fridge (either in the kitchnette or common room). The basement houses a small common room and a bigger one nicknamed "The Cave". "The Cave is meant for all students to enjoy and houses a pool table, ping pong table, white board and tons of couches. It also houses a kitchnette and laundry room. The basement also houses four study rooms ( three with Internet access via Ethernet cable and one with Wi-Fi (you'll have to find out which one. Overall, the building is functional and designed for socialization, but the layout can get confusing for a week or two.

Whidden:
What I loved about Whidden was how much spirit it had. It was so full of life and everyone I knew loved it. I loved it first-year and I know I will second year

Sahar.fz, sumxo, trisha94 all say thanks to redasangay for this post.

sumxo likes this.
Old 06-27-2012 at 09:57 PM   #10
sumxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redasangay View Post
My experience was great. I lived in 339 in a bunk & loft with two roommates. I think I'll break everything down:

Room:
I was definitely disappointed I did not get a single but the triples aren't bad, they give you a lot of space to keep your things and you also get a free refrigerator too! It can get cluttered but a little regular cleaning helps.

Roommates:
Unless you have a single, you will have to deal with roommates. I've met many who absolutely adore their roommates (and even room with them off-campus the following year. That being said, my roommates got along great with each other but their interests greatly clashed with mine. It does get awkward if you don't get along with your roommates but it's an experience I still wouldnt trade for anything.

Building:
The building is shaped like a giant Y with the center housing a common room with cable TV. There are three dorm bathrooms on every floor ( I believe two for girls and one for guys). The three wings are colour coded to be yellow, orange or blue. Also, each floor has a kitchnette with a toaster, kettle, microwave, oven and fridge (either in the kitchnette or common room). The basement houses a small common room and a bigger one nicknamed "The Cave". "The Cave is meant for all students to enjoy and houses a pool table, ping pong table, white board and tons of couches. It also houses a kitchnette and laundry room. The basement also houses four study rooms ( three with Internet access via Ethernet cable and one with Wi-Fi (you'll have to find out which one. Overall, the building is functional and designed for socialization, but the layout can get confusing for a week or two.

Whidden:
What I loved about Whidden was how much spirit it had. It was so full of life and everyone I knew loved it. I loved it first-year and I know I will second year
Merci!

your explanation was great, i guess i'm looking forward to whidden, will be a new experience

summercandy says thanks to sumxo for this post.
Old 07-01-2012 at 11:36 AM   #11
Eric Xiao

i have 125 :(
Old 07-01-2012 at 12:21 PM   #12
summercandy

Liked: 3 Times

Reda had the best roommates ever and Reda rocks as well. CLUB 230 (whoever lives in room 230 has a lot to live up to) Whidden was the best time of my life I have made life long friends I don't know any residence that was closer than Whidden. Everyone got along amazingly. I lived in a triple and it wasn't as bad as I thought. You'll have an amazing time, and especially if you're in soc sci or humanities, you're classes are no more than a 2 minute walk from your residence so it's amazing. Have fun in Whidden! I miss Whidden already.

sumxo says thanks to summercandy for this post.
Old 07-02-2012 at 10:08 PM   #13
sumxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by summercandy View Post
Reda had the best roommates ever and Reda rocks as well. CLUB 230 (whoever lives in room 230 has a lot to live up to) Whidden was the best time of my life I have made life long friends I don't know any residence that was closer than Whidden. Everyone got along amazingly. I lived in a triple and it wasn't as bad as I thought. You'll have an amazing time, and especially if you're in soc sci or humanities, you're classes are no more than a 2 minute walk from your residence so it's amazing. Have fun in Whidden! I miss Whidden already.
haha aw, sounds goood.
I'm in life science however, so i dont know how far my classes will be
Old 07-03-2012 at 09:24 PM   #14
Chad.

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Whidden 122b triple room weooo

cgmc, sumxo like this.
Old 07-05-2012 at 03:22 PM   #15
redasangay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumxo View Post
haha aw, sounds goood.
I'm in life science however, so i dont know how far my classes will be
Well, being in first-year life science, your classes will generally be in the large lecture halls. CNH, TSH and KTH are close to Whidden but buildings like BSB, MDCL, ABB and ITB are much further away, around 5-10 mins from Whidden.

You are given a cushion time of 10 minutes between classes to transit between buildings but beware, some professors do tend to go overtime. I remember when my chemistry labs came right after a class where the prof tended to go over and I would have to RUN from TSH all the way to ABB (which is torture) just to make it on time. Other than that, transit and distance aren't a big deal.

*PS: Summer! Nice to hear from you!

sumxo says thanks to redasangay for this post.