MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whidden - Introduce yourself! Jivraj Whidden Hall Forum 20 09-14-2011 12:19 PM
I'm in Whidden! simpsda Whidden Hall Forum 97 09-03-2010 01:08 PM
Getting a tour of whidden olive First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-23-2010 02:33 PM
Whidden '08 Chad Whidden Hall Forum 51 09-05-2008 03:34 PM
Whidden Hall '07 lorend Whidden Hall Forum 26 07-02-2008 05:39 PM

Whidden Question

Old 07-04-2008 at 11:14 PM   #1
sarah1111

Liked: 0 Times

Whidden Question
so I got assigned to Whidden for the 2008-2009 school year ....anyways.....I got 303C...what does the C mean??
Old 07-04-2008 at 11:16 PM   #2
jag6232

Liked: 0 Times

The letter tells you which bed, phone and desk will be yours for the year. It'll all make more sense on move-in day.

sarah1111 says thanks to jag6232 for this post.
Old 07-05-2008 at 01:48 AM   #3
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

The "C" means that you're in the loft bed in a bunk & loft triple room - as in, the bed that has the desk underneath it.

"A" and "B" are the top and bottom bunk, but I'm not sure which is which. Since some people have an aversion to a top bunk, where you actually sleep is negotiable with your roommates in consultation with your CA. The location of your desk is more fixed, however, because your phone extension is matched to the letter you were assigned.
Old 07-05-2008 at 09:06 AM   #4
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Haha, I didn't know which bed was which when I moved in. Apparently we had the wrong phones all year. Oops! Switching the phones doesn't solve the problem though. We ended up paying for my roommates long distance calls.
Old 07-05-2008 at 11:34 AM   #5
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Yeah, switching the phones themselves wouldn't do anything, you have to switch the actual wall jacks they're plugged into. I *did* know of a couple of people who bought long phone line extension cords so that they could keep them plugged into the correct jack but run the phone around to the desk they preferred on the other side of the room, so I suppose that could be an option - but really, the side you're on isn't such a big deal :p