MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
OSAP help plz Elivs.L Financial Aid 4 08-19-2010 02:29 PM
HELP! how do i use OSAP?!? 0t10 Financial Aid 4 07-15-2010 01:22 PM
NHL Playoffs! Whos your team? ice8 Athletics & Recreation 82 06-30-2010 05:17 PM
Osap? hellonewyork First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 07-17-2009 08:44 PM

whos doing FLEXPLAN -OSAP??

Old 08-31-2010 at 03:52 PM   #1
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

whos doing FLEXPLAN -OSAP??
Anyone doing flex plan - OSAP??
can you guys tel me the due date for the initial payment?

Some people say its the 1st (tmorrow) or the sept 30th (http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/finance/s...l.html#plan s)

&& Can someone explain this flex plan to me? What is the difference betwen this one and flex plan 1 and 2? I don't understand it from the site :S

Thank you!!!
Old 08-31-2010 at 04:09 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyhan View Post
Anyone doing flex plan - OSAP??
can you guys tel me the due date for the initial payment?

Some people say its the 1st (tmorrow) or the sept 30th (http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/finance/s...l.html#plan s)

&& Can someone explain this flex plan to me? What is the difference betwen this one and flex plan 1 and 2? I don't understand it from the site :S

Thank you!!!
The due date is whatever it says in your payment agreement.

The first flex plan is just for students taking 1 term (September-December OR January-April).

The second flex plan is for students taking 2 term (September-April).

Difference between OSAP Flex plan (1) and the Second Flex plan (2):
  • (1) Initial payment is 60% of your tuition. (2) Initial payment is 25% of your tuition.
  • (1) Initial payment is due September 30th. (2) Initial payment is due September 1st
  • (1) Remaining balance is due January 30th. (2) Remaining balance is due January 15th.
I literally just compared the two on the site you provided by the way.

kwyhan says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

kwyhan likes this.
Old 08-31-2010 at 04:11 PM   #3
kwyhan
Elite Member

Oh ic so they are literally the same thing except the due dates and the initialpayment.

when they say 60% and 25%
are they sayinghat for (1) im paying 60% of my whole payment on sept 30 and the rest 40% is paid in Jan? ? and for (2) i only pay 25% of it? and the rest 75% is for jan?
Old 08-31-2010 at 04:15 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Oh ic so they are literally the same thing except the due dates and the initialpayment.

when they say 60% and 25%
are they sayinghat for (1) im paying 60% of my whole payment on sept 30 and the rest 40% is paid in Jan? ? and for (2) i only pay 25% of it? and the rest 75% is for jan?
That is correct.

Other things you should know:
  • There is an initial 35$ flex plan fee on both
  • There is a secondary 35$ flex plan fee IF you fail to pay by the final due date (The one in January).
  • You can make multiple payments between due dates.
  • Interest is charged at 1.2% on the last day of every month on all outstanding balances.
Old 08-31-2010 at 04:18 PM   #5
kwyhan
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
That is correct.

Other things you should know:
  • There is an initial 35$ flex plan fee on both
  • There is a secondary 35$ flex plan fee IF you fail to pay by the final due date (The one in January).
  • You can make multiple payments between due dates.
  • Interest is charged at 1.2% on the last day of every month on all outstanding balances.
Thank you! Yes I'm aware of all of those things.
Except i don't quite understand this : There is an initial 35$ flex plan fee on both

What is this initial flex plan fee? :S .. why do we pay for this? LOL stupid question, but is this ike an extra fee we must pay if we choose to do this plan?

And how do i know that they have input this fee along with my payment?
Like is it already part of the money that says on my payment agreeent?

Thanks, once again, !!
Old 08-31-2010 at 04:20 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Thank you! Yes I'm aware of all of those things.
Except i don't quite understand this : There is an initial 35$ flex plan fee on both

What is this initial flex plan fee? :S .. why do we pay for this? LOL stupid question, but is this ike an extra fee we must pay if we choose to do this plan?

And how do i know that they have input this fee along with my payment?
Like is it already part of the money that says on my payment agreeent?

Thanks, once again, !!
I have no idea why they charge the flex plan fee, guess it's just another scheme to get money out of students.

The initial flex plan fee is already included in your balance forward when you choose one of the flex plans.