MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello Canada! Icethunder Introduce Yourself 17 06-21-2010 02:40 PM
Canada For Haiti Infinity Volunteering Opportunities 46 01-26-2010 06:35 AM
It's Canada Day Up Canada Way!! temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 2 07-01-2008 07:24 AM
Canada Day Fireworks Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-29-2007 07:42 AM

Why Is Canada So Sparcely Populated?

Old 06-21-2011 at 07:45 PM   #16
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misspolitics View Post
no, I'm not as worried as you are. Remember, we're going to have fighter jets soon. We're good for security now that we have a conservative government. As for population, I don't want to live in a colder climate than I do now. I believe this is the case for other countries that have both moderate and colder climates within their country. If anything, Canada will have more pull in global matters because we have both the oil sands and arctic territory.
Please don't start the stupid Liberal vs. Conservative, left vs. right debate. Nothing ever gets accomplished and no one ever changes their opinions. And, to be honest, it's really annoying.

Eternal Fire, Lois like this.
Old 06-21-2011 at 08:18 PM   #17
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Keep in mind, Canada formed in 1867, barely 150 years ago. I don't think we are able to "produce" 1 billion babies in 150 years.
Old 06-21-2011 at 08:28 PM   #18
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMashetty View Post
Add in the fact that water supplies world wide are dwindling rapidly, especially in the more dangerous countries, like Pakistan and Somalia, and presto! You have cause for war, and possible annihilation.:frantic :
This really aggravates me. Your assumption of those two countries attacking Canada for its resource makes no sense. Those countries are used to being deprived of natural resources. Ever heard of a country called the United States, which has a past full of starting wars over resources
Old 06-21-2011 at 09:19 PM   #19
MCMashetty

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie8507 View Post
This really aggravates me. Your assumption of those two countries attacking Canada for its resource makes no sense. Those countries are used to being deprived of natural resources. Ever heard of a country called the United States, which has a past full of starting wars over resources
You understand i was being facetious, yeah? I thought the smiley at the end would have indicated as much. IF it's still not clear, then let me be absolutely straightforward in saying i was NOT mocking the plight of Third World nations. Did you really think that i believed that Pakistan and Somalia, of all places, being nearly half a world a way, would ever start a war with Canada? Did you seriously come to that conculsion? I was joking. For that matter, i'm not sure where you get off leveling accusations at other countries either. While the U.S. has had a history of profiteering from wars, it HAS NEVER started a war simply to gain access to resources. The US has, for the most part, been a force for good, actually. In fact, the two countries you mentioned? They've received more money in the form of aid packages from the U.S., then any other country in the world. While i should not really care about your assertions, ignorance, after all, is rampant, the fact that you decided to attack someone else without bothering to actually try and comprehend what was said, kinda ticks me off. In future, try READING the post and UNDERSTANDING the context, prior to passing judgement.
Old 06-21-2011 at 09:29 PM   #20
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
You understand i was being facetious, yeah? I thought the smiley at the end would have indicated as much. IF it's still not clear, then let me be absolutely straightforward in saying i was NOT mocking the plight of Third World nations. Did you really think that i believed that Pakistan and Somalia, of all places, being nearly half a world a way, would ever start a war with Canada? Did you seriously come to that conculsion? I was joking. For that matter, i'm not sure where you get off leveling accusations at other countries either. While the U.S. has had a history of profiteering from wars, it HAS NEVER started a war simply to gain access to resources. The US has, for the most part, been a force for good, actually. In fact, the two countries you mentioned? They've received more money in the form of aid packages from the U.S., then any other country in the world. While i should not really care about your assertions, ignorance, after all, is rampant, the fact that you decided to attack someone else without bothering to actually try and comprehend what was said, kinda ticks me off. In future, try READING the post and UNDERSTANDING the context, prior to passing judgement.
Are you from the states? is that why this comment got to you?
Old 06-21-2011 at 09:41 PM   #21
MCMashetty

No, but why do i have to be from the states to be offended?
Old 06-21-2011 at 09:55 PM   #22
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Quote:
No, but why do i have to be from the states to be offended?
Obviously not... but you are acting so defensive over someone accusing the US. You are even giving the idea that their military actions are good and that they never start wars over resources... wtf with that >_>

Last edited by Eternal Fire : 06-21-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-21-2011 at 10:18 PM   #23
MCMashetty

Well, i'm being defensive because it's the truth. Generally speaking, most of their actions have been good, and post 1900's, they have never started a war over resources. Both of which commie8507 presented as not being true. i really don't mind if you have a different opinion, as i suspect commie probably does. But don't lie, in order to validate your opinion. That's just not cool
Old 06-21-2011 at 10:55 PM   #24
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Quote:
Well, i'm being defensive because it's the truth. Generally speaking, most of their actions have been good, and post 1900's, they have never started a war over resources. Both of which commie8507 presented as not being true. i really don't mind if you have a different opinion, as i suspect commie probably does. But don't lie, in order to validate your opinion. That's just not cool
lol not agreeing with you = lying?

ok there Ms. Absolute Truth
Old 06-21-2011 at 11:00 PM   #25
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Quote:
I want you to explain to me the purpose of Operation Iraqi Freedom

J. Dorey, RyanC like this.
Old 06-21-2011 at 11:03 PM   #26
MCMashetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
lol not agreeing with you = lying?

ok there Ms. Absolute Truth
No... but it's not exactly hard out the truth. Especially about the U.S. there's a limited amount of wars. None of them have been started in order to facilitate the acquirement of resources. It follows then that i'm telling the truth. I didn't say that i'm always right. Give me some proof, and i'll concede. It's that simple.
Old 06-21-2011 at 11:08 PM   #27
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Why did you open up Pandora's Box, a.k.a. Operation Iraqi Freedom? That is just not a healthy topic to debate on an online forum, a lot of hatred is going to be spread now.
Old 06-21-2011 at 11:09 PM   #28
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Quote:
No... but it's not exactly hard out the truth. Especially about the U.S. there's a limited amount of wars. None of them have been started in order to facilitate the acquirement of resources. It follows then that i'm telling the truth. I didn't say that i'm always right. Give me some proof, and i'll concede. It's that simple.
lol are you ice cream? is this the 159th profile you make?

Edit: did you guys know that editing a post removes likes from other people? I just found that out.

Last edited by Eternal Fire : 06-21-2011 at 11:18 PM.

J. Dorey, RyanC like this.
Old 06-21-2011 at 11:14 PM   #29
MCMashetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie8507 View Post
I want you to explain to me the purpose of Operation Iraqi Freedom
Certainly. There's two reasons. 1) to end the regime of Saddam Hussien. This, in my mind, was probably primary, despite what the U.S. says about 2) weapons of mass destruction inside Iraq. Hussien was a menace and it was heavily in the U.S.'s favor to take him out. I can understand them being worried about Iraq having nuclear bombs, given it's history, but the intel was perhaps, not as concrete as they thought. I presume i already know what you're going to say: The U.S. went to war in Iraq simply to obtain cheap Arab oil. I really don't think i can change your mind, but i'll say this. If you really wanted to, you could easily delve deeper into this subject. There are hundreds of books, articles and government documents dedicated to this war, written by academics and government officials. These are the CREDIBLE type of documents you should be focusing on, rather then conspiracy blogs or whatever. I'm not going to argue though. This wasn't even supposed to be this kind of thread. I'll just leave it as is. Your opinion is yours.
Old 06-21-2011 at 11:15 PM   #30
MCMashetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
lol are you ice cream? is this the 153th profile you make?
What? What does this even mean?