MacInsiders Logo

Why is prostitution illegal?

Old 10-31-2010 at 04:16 PM   #31
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Kinda makes you wonder why alcohol isn't illegal.

EDIT: rather, the public communication related to alcohol.

Last edited by NowHere : 10-31-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-31-2010 at 04:18 PM   #32
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
Very clean and safe, when the people you are doing also get checked up regularly (and there are STILL outbreaks). What happens when the woman needs a few "jobs" in a day and can't ask men to show their papers to show that they are clean? I'd imagine most people who want to get laid on a random night aren't gonna be prepared X amount of time in advance, and each time after when they have intercourse. Makes no sense.
I agree with you, I don't have the answers. It's not like I've thought of a complete business strategy for a simple discussion thread on MI.

Do I think it's feasible? Yes. Difficult? Yes. But is the current situation a better alternative?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-31-2010 at 04:34 PM   #33
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Hmm why isn't my post showing up?

EDIT: Nevermind there it goes. Musta been bugged or something.
Old 10-31-2010 at 04:39 PM   #34
kanthamd

Liked: 8 Times

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of the Moonlite Bunny Ranch in Nevada.. It's a legal brothel that was featured on Oprah last year that's been open since 1955. It's really successful and has like 30 or 40 girls living/working there. One of the girls that Oprah interviewed said she only works 2 weeks out of every month and usually only sees 1 client a day, sometimes 2. Most of the clients are on an appointment basis as well, with only a few drop ins. I bet the girls are all tested for STDs on a pretty frequent basis, like in the **** industry.
Now maybe she's making it seem more attractive than it really is, but I'm sure it's a helluva lot better than walking up and down Barton St and/or having to answer to someone who keeps his pimp hand strong.

edit: here's the link, there's a tour somewhere too http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Moonlite-Bunny-Ranch/1

Last edited by kanthamd : 10-31-2010 at 04:42 PM.

lawleypop says thanks to kanthamd for this post.
Old 10-31-2010 at 05:10 PM   #35
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

One reason that many countries make it illegal is that it is near impossible to track/verify their earnings for taxation purposes.

Also since religion plays a huge role in politics, religious values are worked into law. Most religions are against intercourse out of wedlock, so they view prostitution as a no-no.

Last edited by Replekia : 10-31-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-31-2010 at 05:16 PM   #36
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Prostitution is the same as homosexuality, incest or BDSM, or eating feces and so on.

It doesn't affect me if someone does it, and if they're conseting adults, why not ?
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:24 PM   #37
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

I believe that prostitution should definitely be a legal business in the future because of this main reason:

- There are people that cannot handle their urges. By allowing people to release them legally, I believe there would be a significant drop in rape cases if not eliminating it altogether.

Also,

- illegal prostitutes would have a legal way of working with the satisfaction of:
1. being checked out for STD's periodically
2. Under protection (ie not getting paid, abuse, rape, murder..)
3. Having a comfortable place to work and not having fears of getting "caught" by the police

And since Prostitution has been legalized in Canada this year, I am hoping it will lead to this.

NOTE:
If someone is born intelligent, he will definitely have a better chance of earning more money.
If someone is born attractive, why discriminate and not give them a chance to make money out of it?

P.S. I would never buy a hooker.. even a legal one haha.. I just feel it's a good idea to have them

-snaps
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:33 PM   #38
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Can someone ban "Souldier" already, I feel bad for how hard he tries to make people laugh and consistently fails.
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:39 PM   #39
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

He doesn't always fail.
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:39 PM   #40
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Can someone ban "Souldier" already, I feel bad for how hard he tries to make people laugh and consistently fails.
Souldier thinks he's so smart yet he's such an idiot.
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:40 PM   #41
kanthamd

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Being able to pay for sex doesn't mean that suddenly everyone will stop going on dates and drop their consumer behaviors. It just means that when someone is horny and they have nobody around, they can take care of without any hassle while having fun, etc.
this reminds me of something riley freeman said lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TsSi...eature=related
(skip to 1:55)

Last edited by kanthamd : 10-31-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:48 PM   #42
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

As to the topic: prostitution was illegal originally because of religiously derived social mores.. challenging said laws would make it seem like you want a piece of hot extra-marital tail (most persons in the position to change said laws are upstanding married official types who don't want to 'tarnish' their reputation).

I don't really support the decriminalization of it.. its going to happen eventually, but if it suddenly became 'legal' it would lead young people to think its permissible to just go and have wild, impulsive, dirty unprotected sex...

(not that theres anything wrong with that)

... butttt, teenagers are already notoriously poorly educated and prepared to deal with sexuality at the age, tend to get the most STIs at that age, and are increasingly having to deal with unwanted pregancies.

I like the idea of people being liberated in this way, but the little ones just aren't ready.. just imagine if prostitutes, and by extension, **** stars, become the new role models..
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:53 PM   #43
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
As to the topic: prostitution was illegal originally because of religiously derived social mores.. challenging said laws would make it seem like you want a piece of hot extra-marital tail (most persons in the position to change said laws are upstanding married official types who don't want to 'tarnish' their reputation).

I don't really support the decriminalization of it.. its going to happen eventually, but if it suddenly became 'legal' it would lead young people to think its permissible to just go and have wild, impulsive, dirty unprotected sex...

(not that theres anything wrong with that)

... butttt, teenagers are already notoriously poorly educated and prepared to deal with sexuality at the age, tend to get the most STIs at that age, and are increasingly having to deal with unwanted pregancies.

I like the idea of people being liberated in this way, but the little ones just aren't ready.. just imagine if prostitutes, and by extension, **** stars, become the new role models..
Actually, young people don't do prostitution to otheyoung people. It's those ugly old man who lurk children who get interested in prostitutes MOST of the time.

Go people and have sex, we need to reproduce or EVOLUTION!
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:56 PM   #44
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

lol.. it has nothing to do with one's attractiveness. People pay for prostitutes because they want sex, simple.
Old 10-31-2010 at 07:56 PM   #45
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Go people and have sex, we need to reproduce or EVOLUTION!
English translation please.

snaps likes this.