MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woodland Apartments aliceglen Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 0 08-12-2011 04:39 PM
apartments near mcmaster macbaby07 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 3 07-19-2010 09:41 PM
Names of apartments near Mac Kathy2 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 7 12-13-2009 11:51 AM
191 Main St. West Apartments Greco General Discussion 4 08-01-2009 10:04 PM

The woodland apartments

Old 02-14-2012 at 08:24 PM   #1
quiazorj

Liked: 0 Times

The woodland apartments
Hey Guys,

So I'm thinking about moving into a one bedroom apartment next year and I heard the woodland apartments have one bedroom apartments. If there's anyone who lives in these apartments do you mind giving a review ? Such as pros and cons, and possibly photos? I've seen photos but they're not that informative.
Old 03-07-2012
aw07
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 03-07-2012 at 02:27 PM   #2
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

I've lived there for the past two years, rent for one bedrooms is going up to $669+ I believe. There's 4 buildings, 3 floors each, the first floor is the cheapest and the rent goes up about $10 each floor.

Pros
- very affordable, right on a bus route to mac but its only about 20 minutes walk to anywhere on campus
- very easy walking access to fortinos and metro, about 5 minutes to either one
- good property manager, they deal with problems/maintenance quickly - I lived in student house before this with a TERRIBLE landlord so it was a great change
- cheap parking if you have a car
- decent sized master bedroom (in apartments with multiple bedrooms)
- only pay hydro, (and whatever cable/internet you want) for me its about $75 every other month
- right on the rail trail if you like running/walking/biking etc

Cons
- could put a small table in the kitchen, but no real eating area in the apartment
- I have noisy upstairs neighbours, it sucks
- no A/C so definitely bring fans, I installed ceiling fans for the summers because it gets HOT
- small second (and third) bedrooms - I'm in a 2 bedroom with my boyfriend, we use the second room as an office. We also have friends in a 2 bedroom and the girl in the smaller bedroom has a single bed, a very large desk and small dresser to give perspective
- for people who don't know where the driveway is, its surprisingly difficult to find. You wouldn't believe how many deliveries I've had not know how to get to the apartments, its frustrating but a small issue as you can just explain over the phone
- I live on the first floor but have a hill under my window with very little traffic, usually only grounds maintenance people. However, in the summer children used to look in my windows because I have a cat - definitely frustrating but we talked to the parents about it. Also, another friend living on the first floor in another building has had people attempt to break in because the windows are at ground level. I've never had it happen to me, but something to think about when picking a floor.

Chad likes this.
Old 03-07-2012 at 02:49 PM   #3
MacNeuro

Liked: 76 Times

The manager is a rude lady who I believe is a racist, but other than that the apartments are great.
Old 03-08-2012 at 02:06 PM   #4
rexelle

Liked: 4 Times

where exactly are these apartments located?
Old 03-08-2012 at 02:35 PM   #5
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Main/Osler, just by the University Plaza with the Metro and LCBO
Old 03-08-2012 at 06:14 PM   #6
RTinkess31

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by phavalan View Post
The manager is a rude lady who I believe is a racist, but other than that the apartments are great.
She's not rude, she just doesn't have a lot of patience for stupid people.

I've lived there for two years and have had no issues. They do an inspection when you move in and when you leave. There was a faucet that was leaking when I moved in and they had it fixed before I was finished unpacking.
Old 03-09-2012 at 01:15 AM   #7
MacNeuro

Liked: 76 Times

There have been many situations where she has been rude. I'll name just 2 and that'll paint you a picture.

1) The first time we come down to see the apartments, we had an appointment at 1:30 pm. We arrived at 1:25 pm and sat down in her office waiting for her to finish with the previous people. As she was finishing up a lady and her daughter walked without an appointment and she sat them down and finished them (about 35 minutes) before she went on to show us the apartment.

2) Manager calls me on a wednesday to tell me that the application was approved and that I needed to set an appointment to come in and sign the lease. I set the next day Thursday at 1:30 and end the call. When I arrive at 1:30 pm on Thursday and buzz her number, she immediately (in a rude tone) asks why I showed up without an appointment. Keep in mind I drove all the way from Markham (1.5 drive) and would not have done so without booking an appointment.

Just because you have had good experiences with the manager doesn't others have as well.
However, I believe the superintendents are amazing and one the nicest people I have met.

Chad, icecubz like this.
Old 03-09-2012 at 02:43 PM   #8
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

I agree, she is extremely rude. They changed the laundry system from coin to card and I read the sign about loading your card but could not find the sign on where to get the card. I call her to ask her where to get it, and instead of telling me from her, she proceeded to lecture me in a very rude way for about ten minutes as to why I should know because there was a sign posted. This is not the first incident.

MacNeuro likes this.
Old 03-09-2012 at 03:13 PM   #9
ptsrm

Liked: 1 Time

I have to agree too. She was incompetent and rude and borderline racist. The apartment is great though if you don't mind her attitude and potentially loud neighbors.

MacNeuro likes this.
Old 03-09-2012 at 10:31 PM   #10
quiazorj

Liked: 0 Times

woah. This is the first time seeing this thread since i first posted it. But thanks for your insight