MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DC++ not working... bcars General Discussion 3 03-02-2011 03:20 PM
milk: fortinos or metro macbaby07 General Discussion 53 01-11-2011 12:55 AM
Fortinos Renovation - MAD CHEAP Perfumes lawleypop General Discussion 21 01-10-2011 11:05 PM
Metro @ University Plaza MAY be closed Feb 8 2010 michelle MacInsiders Announcements 5 02-07-2010 11:52 AM
The Barn? Metro? davey General Discussion 11 08-27-2008 12:23 PM

Working at Fortinos/Metro?

Old 08-02-2011 at 08:12 PM   #1
paulelastic

Liked: 2 Times

Working at Fortinos/Metro?
I was wondering if anyone here had experiences working for Fortinos or Metro as a grocery clerk? Or in the fish/meat department?

Do they offer full-time/part-time positions? Are most positions minimum wage? Will they prefer to hire for long-term or short-term positions? When do their hiring cycles begin?

Any stories welcome!
Old 08-02-2011 at 08:30 PM   #2
lis25

Liked: 0 Times

I will give my two cents, since I'm still in training mode in metro in Scarborough. It's probably better if you walk in and ask them if they're hiring. If not, you can still give your information to them and wait it out. It may be minimum wage starting out but it could be bumped up by performance, and other factors. If anything, ask them. If you work just for a short amount of time, if you tell them that due to school you have to leave, they may hold your position until you can come back during the breaks (winter and summer). Again, just ask them I don't think they'll be too unreasonable. Hope this helps!

paulelastic says thanks to lis25 for this post.
Old 08-02-2011 at 10:00 PM   #3
chelseac

Liked: 0 Times

I work for loblaws, which is the same company as Fortinos. They only offer part time unless your a manager. Yes minimum wage.. well I get the adult min. wage, not the student min wage. It is unionized so you probably will too. Yes they prefer long periods I got hired in highschool because they knew i would be full time for a few years before I went to school. They usually hire in May/June, we just finished our hiring

paulelastic says thanks to chelseac for this post.