MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Frontline! Steph.Lau Clubs & Groups 0 10-23-2009 04:11 PM
Write for the Frontline! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 4 11-15-2008 12:35 PM
McMaster Frontline -- new for Term 2 lorend Academics 0 01-07-2008 09:42 PM
McMaster Frontline lorend Academics 2 11-23-2007 05:55 AM

Write for the Frontline!

Write for the Frontline!

Do you have an interest in writing? Do you have no interest in writing what-so-ever but want to improve your writing skills but aren't sure how to do so? Do you want to see your name in print? If so, get involved with the McMaster Frontline!

The Frontline is the quarterly publication of the McMaster Social Sciences Society. This student-run newspaper has been in print for many years. Even though the paper is under the MSSS, we are encouraging students from all years and faculties to write with us. The McMaster community is a very diverse one, and we want the Frontline to reflect that. In previous years we have had students in Engineering, Humanities and the Sciences write for the Frontline. Why? Because no other student paper focuses on the fact that Mac is a diverse and open school.

The Frontline is looking for submissions from future and current McMaster students. You can write about anything you want! Tell us about your favourite times here at Mac, what inspired you to go to university and pick the field that you did, share a healthy student budget recipe, advice for first years, biting political commentary or anything else that happens to cross your mind! We welcome pieces of all lengths and all subject matter.

Please send your submissions to [email protected] .com! The due date for submissions is Sunday August 10th at 11:59PM EST

If you have any questions send a Private Message to either Kokosas or Lorend!
Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 07-18-2008 at 12:53 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
And if you're in Soc Sci...you will be getting a copy of the issue as part of your MacPass!

Here is the Frontline Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=108015133 49#/group.php?gid=22292464 13

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-26-2008 at 12:08 AM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I've been doing some research...and aside from the Sil, the Frontline is one of the largest faculty publications on campus.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-27-2008 at 06:56 PM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
Sweetness

Old 07-27-2008 at 08:04 PM   #5
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times
Could I use the Experiential Education article that I wrote for MacInsiders for the Frontline as well?

Old 07-27-2008 at 08:27 PM   #6
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Yeah I don't have a problem with it!

Old 07-27-2008 at 09:50 PM   #7
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
I'm struggling to think up a topic to write about for it

Old 07-27-2008 at 11:11 PM   #8
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

It doesn't have to be an article like we do here, we've got poetry and short stories, some testimonials about the whole coming to university experience, etc. You can write about whatever comes to mind, it doesn't have to fit into a category!

Old 07-27-2008 at 11:28 PM   #9
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times
Hey, I was just wondering how many submissions one person can make? Thanks.

Old 07-27-2008 at 11:39 PM   #10
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

As many as you want Omega! We may pick one or two depending on how many submissions we get but you can send us as many as you would like to see published!

Old 08-10-2008 at 09:15 PM   #11
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

***SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED***

Due to Welcome Day and illness of one of the editors (me) we've decided to extend the submission deadline until Wednesday August 13th at 6:00pm.

Just as before, please send submissions to [email protected] .com

We've got tons right now...and we'd like to make this issue epic, so please keep sending us your stuff!

***FRONTLINE HIRING***

Also...two co-editor and one photo editor positions will be available for the remaining issues (three) of the year. These positions are PAID, so if you want to be considered for one of them I highly suggest you get yourself involved in this issue!!

Old 08-10-2008 at 09:57 PM   #12
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times
do we have to have any experience in being an editor? ..
i don't have any but i love writing =)

Old 08-10-2008 at 10:06 PM   #13
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

to write for them you definately do not need any experience.

i didn't have any experience before i applied...and got hired. however i think the year before one of the co-editors had some. it all depends on the applicant pool.

Old 08-10-2008 at 10:08 PM   #14
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times
yeah, i submitted in two pieces..

ohhh, alright..
where do i apply?

Old 08-10-2008 at 10:13 PM   #15
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Come September you will be able to pick up applications from the MSSS office in KTH (101A). The applications will require that you answer a few questions, include a piece of writing (or photography if you're applying for the photo-editor position) and are due Sept 8th.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search