MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Anonymous Local Disk Appeared HELP Desda Computers & Tech 4 09-18-2010 09:51 PM
Come out to the Artists Anonymous Exhibit! pomona Clubs & Groups 1 11-24-2009 11:42 PM
Artists Anonymous Exhibit pomona MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-24-2009 08:19 PM
Calling all writers! Omega_X13 MacInsiders Announcements 44 08-17-2009 03:15 PM

Writers Anonymous McMaster

edit: thank you everyone for your interest! we submitted our application on friday the 9th, so we don't need any more names right now, but if you'd like to know how ratification went, pm me your mac email and we'll contact everyone with the news once we get a result. thanks again!

Hey guys!
We're looking to start a club called Writers Anonymous McMaster.

It will be a place to meet with others who are interested in the pursuit of creative writing or publishing their work (specifically, novels). Everyone is welcome, whether you're a first time writer or a seasoned veteran. We'll host write-ins during events like NaNoWriMo and Scriptfrenzy, and overall it'll be a great place to meet with other writers, bounce ideas off each other, learn about the publishing process, and find out about local and national writing contests.

Faer and I are executives, and we were wondering if you guys would like to join. We're awaiting ratification and we need a list of tentative members to show that there's interest in our club. If you'd be interested in joining, please PM me your name, mcmaster email address, student number and faculty! If you decide you don't want to join later, no problem, but we could use a little help getting off the ground

Thanks~!

xxorianna, Zachary like this.
Published by
Professional Fangirl

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-08-2012 at 09:51 PM   #2
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times
First!

/just felt like putting it out there like some twelve year olds I know.

DISCLAIMER: This post was made to DISCOURAGE such replies. It's dripping with sarcasm, just so you know.

Old 03-08-2012 at 09:57 PM   #3
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
First!

/just felt like putting it out there like some twelve year olds I know.

DISCLAIMER: This post was made to DISCOURAGE such replies. It's dripping with sarcasm, just so you know.
o__o.... people do that on MI?

Old 03-08-2012 at 09:59 PM   #4
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times
Faer here, reporting in! Like ooburii mentioned, we'll be focusing on getting a NaNoWriMo-fix whilst pottering about on other writerly-related works. You need not be a seasoned writer, or even have a story you want to write! All you need is yourself, and some form of writing platform, and you're good.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask either of us!

@ooburii: Do you mean the 'First!' or the 'It was sarcasm', which actually belies the whole point?

Old 03-08-2012 at 10:01 PM   #5
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times
Well, on the interwebs. This is a small microcosm of the interwebs.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Old 03-08-2012 at 10:05 PM   #6
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times
I would absolutely be interested in joining this! Is it open to any form of writing, or is there some sort of "limitations" (for lack of a better word).

anon491, Faer like this.

Old 03-08-2012 at 10:09 PM   #7
Faer
Elite Member

What do you mean by open to any forms of writing? We'd love to have all types of writers feel at home, but seeing as we'll be centred around NaNoWriMo, I'm afraid short forms like flash fiction and poetry might feel a little neglected. Does that answer your question?

EDIT: What are you interested in writing? I wouldn't want to cut you off before knowing more about what you mean, haha! Disregard the above for now. :x

Old 03-08-2012 at 10:09 PM   #8
anon491
Professional Fangirl

what do you mean? ex. limitations in length, genre, writing type?

ninja'd.
just to add to what faer said though, we're also looking into thinking about script writing in term 2 around the time for Script Frenzy. NaNoWriMo will be our main event aside from regular meetings though.

Old 03-08-2012 at 10:12 PM   #9
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
What do you mean by open to any forms of writing? We'd love to have all types of writers feel at home, but seeing as we'll be centred around NaNoWriMo, I'm afraid short forms like flash fiction and poetry might feel a little neglected. Does that answer your question?

EDIT: What are interested in writing? I wouldn't want to cut you off before knowing more about what you mean, haha! Disregard the above for now. :x
Yes it does answer it! I was asking more about poetry and shorter fiction, but framing it around NaNoWriMo is definitely a great idea. As for my interests.. Literally every form of creative writing interests me, so that's no problem. I was just curious as to the main focus of the group.

Old 03-08-2012 at 10:13 PM   #10
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times
I guess I'll throw it in ... its more of a hobby, I kinda just follow a character around for a few thousand words at a time... old school AG, lol. Might be nice to find out I'm not the only one who remembers old AG1 text rpgs, the old rules...

There should be a club-wide NaNoWrioMo entry in addition to individual ones (CAN you do that? Be even better if you get multiple copies of the thing in the end for everyone who contributed, and put a table of contents in the front for pages people did).

Last edited by britb : 03-08-2012 at 10:24 PM.

anon491 likes this.

Old 03-08-2012 at 10:16 PM   #11
Faer
Elite Member

That's great, guys! Might I also add, since NaNoWriMo has no restrictions, neither will we - you can also write fanfiction, if that's what you're interested in. Many writers every year writer fanfiction as their NaNoWriMo novel. There are no rules to content, or how 'good' a writer you are.

EDIT: Don't forget to PM either me or ooburii with your name, student number, faculty and McMaster email if you're interested in joining! Thank you!

anon491 likes this.

Old 03-08-2012 at 10:38 PM   #12
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times
I'll join. I already gave Abir my info so i'm good now

*This is a great idea by the way.

anon491, Faer like this.

Old 03-09-2012 at 09:12 AM   #13
anon491
Professional Fangirl

anyone else?

Old 03-09-2012 at 11:01 AM   #14
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times
sounds interesting! Do you have any idea when/what time the meetings will be?

Old 03-09-2012 at 11:08 AM   #15
Faer
Elite Member

We haven't set a time and place yet, but I'm assuming they will probably be in evening, perhaps once a week. We'll probably have more informal write-ins during November, too.

We'll be, of course, keeping everyone updated as stuff gets finalized!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search